How'd it go today?

I found out that JTO, our local dump that takes brush logs or chips for free, they will send out their grapple truck to pick up logs of any size.

Guess how much it costs?? IN MOST CASES ITS FREE!!!!!!! At the most it is $75/hour if its really far away. All you have to do is put them where they can get them easy and they come pick em up and leave, no cleanup.

There is a local wood product company that will pick up logs for free here. The stipulation is that the logs have to be at least 8'. It works out well on the crane jobs.

There's a local mill that will pick them up too .Of course they have to be salvagable and not yard trees .They won't give you a dime for them .

Another place will take chippings which they regrind and dye for mulch .They also take yard waste ,grass clippings and leaves which they grind and put in long windrows .About once a month they shoot down those big rows with a John -Deere 450 crawler to turn it .Dang rows are a thousand feet long .After about a year they sell it for a potting soil type stuff by the ton .

The place used to be an auto salvage yard .When the Chinese ran the price of scrap steel up the previous owner made so much money from that junk they now have retired to Florida .

Ok, so I just noticed a pic on the home page I have never seen before and it was HOT. I didnt know you had treehouse panties. Is that your women?

I found out that JTO, our local dump that takes brush logs or chips for free, they will send out their grapple truck to pick up logs of any size.

Guess how much it costs?? IN MOST CASES ITS FREE!!!!!!! At the most it is $75/hour if its really far away. All you have to do is put them where they can get them easy and they come pick em up and leave, no cleanup.

I would guess it all ends up going to a biomass facility and burned for electricity.

Took the kids up to the park just up the highway today. We volunteered some time with some others from the community to help brush out and limb up some areas around the parking lot. They park has been under construction during some upgrading. I had a quite dead pondo snag to pull over 180 out of lean along with some other duies. Got to show off some skills and the Wraptor. Kids had a blast helping. They put on a BBQ after noon. Just a really fun and nice morning. Tired though. Been a long week. Several people took some cards. Now home and start the Saturday routine.

Morning shopping - then spent afternoon with my parents. I get on really well with them ( my Dad is one of my best friends :) ). One of the mrs's friends now round for evening, so fine food & wine. Nice day 8)

Spent another day working for Habitat For Humanity. Often they get TOO MANY volunteers. I managed to find a rewarding task out, away from the madness of the crowd. I guess I spent too many years working alone - lol. Perfect weather.

Lucky to be able to say that, Pete.

Bought some hi-viz, reflective hoodies, shirts for the crew (me, Erik, and Ross), and a Rockman Lumberjack system hardhat with muffs and screen and hi-viz rain gear for Ross (new guy).

They were out at dusk the other night, and rain is here. Much, much safer with rainy, short days, starting at dusk, and often finishing at dusk or after dark with packing everything up.

My neighbor was hit by an old lady on the job when he got out of his garbage truck to 'throw a can'. Major leg/ hip damage and a minor (how minor can it really be) brain injury, resulting in memory issues, but no major personality issues. Believe it or not, being a garbage man is very dangerous work.

It's a little clearer now, but before the counterterrorism office sees it, you might want to explain.

Attachments

• aveju7yg.jpg
    aveju7yg.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 9
It was in my sig for ages, didn't sell squat - maybe one hat and one mug. The cups are kinda cool, actually.

Back