How'd it go today?

I wanna know what kind of unobtanium materials they used in order to justify charging you $100 for a hydraulic hose. I've purchased 2" high pressure line coming of the main hydraulic pump and that only cost $11 per foot coming from the most expensive shop in town.

It's Califugmefornia Brian... Best I can surmise.
Once we needed a bag of concrete. It cost 3X up here for a 60# bag of what an 80 would cost at Home Depot an hour away. When asked why they charge so much... The answer from the manager was, "where else are you going to buy concrete in Mariposa on a Sunday?". Yup, they were the only hardware store up here open on Sunday with concrete. NAPA is the only store up here that even can make you a hydraulic line.

My wife and I have become friends with a Marine Corps family that just moved here from being stationed in san diego. Pre school cost $1000 bucks a month per child there! We pay $110 a month for Natalie to go to an outstanding pre school here.

That price on stuff like hydraulic lines just goes with the availablity .In these parts we have a lot of options and it's reasonabley priced .California as much to us who don't know any better probabley has areas like bum f-- Egypt. You're just kind of screwed without even a kiss in a situation like that .Sucks but that's just what you have to deal with .

Forgot to mention we are pretty lucky though... For a town with no traffic light(s) we have a NAPA, a Subway, and a Burger King.:dancin:

Not bad for what is considered rural :lol:

And NO WALMART ! :lol:

I wasn't making fun of it .I'd just as soon have my closest neighbor was about two miles away but he's 500 feet .He's cool though ,beer drinker ,half fast saw operater and general full time swordsman as far as the ladies are concerned .What the hey I was young once myself as we all were at one time .;)

I wasn't making fun of it .I'd just as soon have my closest neighbor was about two miles away but he's 500 feet .He's cool though ,beer drinker ,half fast saw operater and general full time swordsman as far as the ladies are concerned .What the hey I was young once myself as we all were at one time .;)

THIS IS A GREAT DAY!!! It is the last episode of "Desperate housewives" ... :rockon: 8) :rockon: ... FINALLY!!! :D

Trimmed a tree and knocked down another one, and the first sunburn of the year...also cut through a long sling enough to make it useless. :|:

Finally got back to work after nasal surgery, and then this happened last Tuesday:
403562_10150863656509844_355234984843_9577166_2099717812_n.jpg

This is what I get for keeping my chains so sharp...11 stitches:) Was unloading my powersaws last Tuesday night and grabbed my 3120 with the 50" bar and chain by the bar and was sliding it in my saw shop and caught my hand on the floor of my shop and that chain got me. Got my middle finger and pinky finger...pinky finger is feeling kind of numb? Hope that goes away. Anyhow, have a good day everybody...old Tarzan has had a few days off, and hoping to return to work Wednesday.

Took down one green pine this morning. Leaning over house slightly. Set line, pulled tight, stepped up about 12', notched and dropped it.

Then on to a 85'ish dead pine. Had to lower nearly every limb due to a red oak that nearly surrounded it, but then was able to drop all the chunks til I got it down short enough to throw the trunk.

All in all a good day. (Just 3 hours).

Ouch, nasty!
That'll teach you not to run square chisel.
I did the same thing about 20 years ago, pulling the saw out of the truck, and the stupid 3 or 4 or 15 piece Stihl bar cover ( I don't know what the American word for them is, we just call them chainsaw condoms) came apart.
I've been gaffa taping them together ever since.

Better stay out of the lianas for a while and heal up.

That will teach me to handle that saw without gloves on. It will also motivate me to make a bar cover for it. Anybody have any good ideas? I have tried fire hose for smaller saws, but did not work too good. Was thinking something out of real thin plywood or something. BTW, I cut the nerve in my pinky...sucks for trying to type with :(

Back