How'd it go today?

First it blew then it rained....but the Elms are pruned, the brush is chipped and I got paid so it went marvy.

Poured sidewalks, spread dirt on bare ground to be seeded, hosed off a freshly paved driveway, mulched beds, etc. Spent 2 and a half days this week volunteering myself and my groundman to helping spruce up a property. My buddies father died recently at 63 of heart failure. They are getting the house exterior looking tip top for a large gathering in late June in memory of him. I volunteered my time, dump truck, fuel, and groundman to helping my buddy get his surviving mothers house ready. His father did A LOT for me to help me get started in business. Never handed me money, but did a lot of other favors. He treated me like a son, and included me in his will on some guns from his collection. He died a month and a half ago.
They tried to pay me. There's more to life then money though. I wanted to lend what I could to making their memorial dinner wonderful.

He was overweight. His type of diabetes caused weight problems. It crushed his dignity and he stopped caring in the last 3 years. He gave up.

Thank you fellas. He did a ton for me though. He once lent me a 1 year old 350 diesel ex cab lariat for 3 months. No questions asked. Went and filled the tank up the night before I was to take it. Bought a skidsteer years ago, with the idea that he had uses for it, and so I would have use of one as often as I need and not have to screw with rentals or buying one. He treated me like a son. Id be a raging scumbag to not give up a few days of work to help make his house shiny for his friends and family to gather at.

Don't need it. I used a rub down of alcohol when I got home and it will be fine by tomorrow night. I got stuck by a stick through my shirt and I was also sweaty. Minor rash is all I will get though.

Interesting, it might not be a bad thing then to have a bottle of rubbing alcohol in the truck.

Yes it is :D

The books say you have about 15 minutes to wash it from your skin.

You are the anomaly, which there are a lot of.

Soap and water's all you need.

Don't always have access to more than your drinking water hiked in with you.....
15 minutes would depend on your reaction time and everyone is different.
I am maybe 1 in 10 at best that does not have a bad reaction in the population.

I am maybe 1 in 10 at best that does not have a bad reaction in the population.

In a way, that's not good. It means your autoimmune system isn't up to speed.

Google the shit.

Yes, the itching is from the drops, plus the newness of it to your system. Try ONLY three drops for a while and see what happens.

New old chip is still working out. It's buying me some time to finger out how I want to fix my 250. I'm looking at having a brass/copper rad built to the same dimensions as the shot aluminum one. I've got a shop/factory here local that is supposed to be figuring out for me if it'll work and if they can build it. I'm obviously reluctant to be replacing the aluminum one with another expensive aluminum one. From what I've learned aluminum cools slightly better for the size and is about 30-40% lighter. But is rigid so doesn't do well in a high vibration scenario.

Any of the 'houser's got an opinion or info they'd like to share I'm all ears. I'm reluctant to change anyhing on the 250 because I don't want to screw anything up but it has full gauges so temperature is easily monitored and what I don't want is a rad going out again in less than 1000hrs. Apparently the slightly older 250's have brass/copper rads. Can anyone here confirm this for me?

Split that wood pile by noon. Got tired of the hydro oil bath i was taking and called it quits.
IMAG0492.jpg

Just fixed my leak today on the splitter. Cracked hard HP line. Had them make a new line our of HP hose at NAPA. C note. 30" line ......
Working on an electrical issue on the Datsun.
Fixed the hitch on the light weight trailer that is going back to AZ (?)........
Picked up some lights to mount on the truck rear that took the log hit :lol: Those will be mounted tomorrow.
Switched out some batteries on vehicles. Fixed the compressor hose and replaced the tire air pressure gauge filler thingy someone ran over :roll: Can never remember the name of that thing. :lol:
Working on grilling some pork. Need to pick up mothers day dinner for tomorrow, some brake fluid and what not tomorrow.
Town was all smokey and road was closed so my errands became limited.

Back