Good Morning!

I had a molar extracted. It has been cracked (and the front where it butts up to the first molar, fractured off recently) for a while, but my dentist and I said to wait until a better time for me, to get it removed.

Sitting here, the last day of a wet week.

It's INsanely windy right now, severe down pour. Flooding, bleh.

Might get some work out of it. we'll see.

I see a lotta north - east TreeHousers are seeing some precip.
rain-2.gif

There was a tropical depression that formed down near Cuba a few days ago that blew up the east coast. It skirted Florida a couple days ago.

It's really messing me up here. Didn't have a call for work the last two weeks, and the end of last week my phone blew up. I've got some work to do!

Its pouring and blowing like a bastard right now. Light showers when I took the boys to school and then it just let loose.

Clear and a slight SE breeze. Was up at 0600, no dew. Made coffee and by 0615 there was frost on everything! Funny how the sunrising draws the dew out!

Well the frost has already burned off now. I was wise to swath all my crop, the guys straight cutting probably won't turn a wheel until after lunch! Ha ha!!!

That used to screwup our decoys when we goose hunted. They would get all shiny just as the sun came up. It always cools off here a few degrees as the sun rises. Ah! I love nature! Its PEOPLE that bug me!!!!:lol:

Just about to head out here for a two day Pine removal job. A person is paying to have his neighbor's trees removed, not liking the lean or the shade. Got the neighbor's tel# and called them up (it's a second home), they said, "Go ahead and cut them, but we're not paying". They hardly ever use the place, it's falling apart. The neighbor on the other side about had a heart attack, went on and on about all the trees being cut in the area, which is bs, and firmly said to stay off their property. I don't think they've used the place in over ten years, it's like a jungle there. It's pretty dumb not to want to accept the offer to have someone else pay to have your hazardous trees removed, but some folks are just..well...dumb. A common scenario here with the Pines getting on fifty years old plus, with little or no maintenance, and many of the second home builders up there in years themselves, not coming around much anymore. Can whack the limbs over the property line in such instances, but legally that's about it.

Well woke up to rain so no harvest today. Guess I'll change the oil in my Dad's truck (eww a Ford, I hope I don't have an alergic reaction:lol:) and send him on his way home.

up and at'em for me. 2 days of SME meetings to try and get the last of the aprenticeship program off to the validation stage! and of course the weather is beauty a we shall be indoors, sigh.

oh, forgot to mention, last night I went down to the parkade to get my new bike helmet and clip on fenders from the truck, there was a bike leaned against one of the dumpsters, usually stuff in half decent shape left near the dumpsters is a sign its up for grabs rather than being binned outright. I came back 5 minutes later and grabbed it up. Rocky Mountain frame, dual disc brakes, marzzochi bomber front forks, bontrager tires, deore/acera shimano derailleurs... not bad shape but needs a few parts etc. Will take it to the bike shop later this week and get a price to get it up and running. score!

Back when I was a kid, there were nuisance grounds all over the Municipality. Dad and I would hall haul a load of garbage over, and have to go back to bring the second load of goodies home! The finds were directly related to who had been there in the days before. Some times there were brand new parts just dropped off.

Farmers are a thrifty bunch, new parts can't go to waste, even though you didn't own the machine they fit. Those days are gone , now the dumps are fenced and locked. All the stuff goes into a pit, which is usually 1/3-1/2 full of water. No dumpster divin' for me!

Recycle Paul, no shame in that!

My son is on the road for work quite early. He has some good roadside scores. He found a bunch of big combination wrenches, a big blue tarp, a coil of black corrugated drain line. He used to work for a roofing co. and would collect all the aluminum and copper scrap. He would stockpile it until he had a trailer load. After the scrap price skyrocketed everybody wanted in on it.

Rained out today..... Rescheduled the customer, fed the kids, kissed Katy as she was going out the door... Getting some more coffee and then I will call the tire shop and see if my splitter tires are in yet...

Don't let the Ford blistah ya skin Brent, ok eh? :lol:

Tools laying in the road, another advantage of cycling. I found a pink ratchet winch awhile back. It couldn't have been there long.

Well I was Wrong! The Ford didn't give me a rash but the friggin oil filter POed me!!!! Changed the oil on the Jeep too! Then I did go combining. Weird, with rain in the AM and combining by 3PM.

BTW I am Brent!!!

Back