Good Morning!

Coffee and getting ready to go over to my parents with the kids.. Rob and I are going to TD a tree I have not seen yet over there. Taking all the toys... Except the chipper. Dad is going to butcher the tree once it's on the ground with his buds and burn the brush come winter.. That way he can cut the stuff as small (dia) as he wants. Katy is stuck here with day care. Got to take on some extra kids cause I am taking ours... Should be a fun day :)

Maybe one more pot of coffee (#3) and I'll be ready for breakfast. Had a good time visiting w/old friends but not use to staying up that late. :jam::beerchug:
Folks seemed to hit the trash barrels pretty well yesterday so not much cleanup from the party except tearing down chairs, tables, & Awning. I think the Dogs are as whipped as I am. Haven't moved or made a noise all morning.
Food was great and we have enough leftovers to last at least the next week w/out making a meal.:)
Picked up a couple small side jobs from folks last night. Might go look at them next weekend.

Good morning, TH. I'm off early to go slay a big oak tree. It's my biggest job I've sold for myself this year. I think I'll clear about a grand on it after paying everyone. Hopefully I'll have some pictures tonight.
:)

Retailers are quick to raise the price if they see an increase in the wholesale price, but slow to lower it when their price drops.

Wheat price went way up and bread, pizza, cereal, etc. price jumps. If you figure the weight of wheat that goes into one unit it was a neglible increase. Good excuse to raise the price though.

I didn't go camping yesterday, right after I posted I got a call from my daughter who was in London. She is back in SF and is sick. She wants Daddy to come get her. I guess she went to the Kaiser facility in SF yesterday and they were having a power outage. I took her to the one in Modesto and they gave her some antibiotic shots and some pain pills and she is 100% better in a couple of hours. Youth.

work is getting slow, I have a meeting with a fellow one man landscaping company today over breakfast, to discuss 'things' as in working together taking a couple condo or commercial strata maintenance contracts next spring and discussing snow removal work as well. Both things we dont do much of at the moment.

I have the day off so, heading up to help train some fairly new climbers today for a small company who's arborist is more of a tree doctor.
Today will be about being a tree undertaker.;)

Checked mail this AM and got my confirmation letter to take CA exam on Aug 28th.
Thought the tree list was a bit off from what we see around here regularly.
Surprised I have to bring my own pencils at a cost of $250 for taking the test.

Back