Good Morning!

good morning today should be a good day. got 60 feet of trench to dig in clay and rock about 30 inches deep for my dads well system, good thing it hasn't rained in a month.:cry:

It sucks but I have to work today. :(
I'm taking my truck in tomorrow to get that oil leak fixed and have a couple jobs booked for mid week, and this job needs to get done quickly so I agreed to work today. First time working a scheduled job on Sunday in years.

I love working sundays.

At least there's less traffic.

I prefer to relax on the weekends. :drink:

Back when there was overtime to be worked I didn't mind Sundays .At double time rate I made nearly as much as a tree climber .:P:)

Back when there was overtime to be worked I didn't mind Sundays .At double time rate I made nearly as much as a tree climber .:P:)

I enjoyed double time on Sundays, too Al.

If I worked on Saturday, while on call, it was time and a half. If I worked Sunday after working on any calls on Saturday... :big-money:

so far: 1 cup of coffee, 2 small fried eggs, 2 slices low salt bacon, one slice whole grain toast.
Look out world.
:P

All that overtime and such is fine if you're single, but husbands and fathers need to keep their priorities straight. As they say, you won't be lying on your deathbed wishing you had worked more; you'll be wishing you had spent more time with your family. ;)

I will admit that after literally years of working 7-10's or 12's this last 8 months of 40 hours is about like a vacation .

You do have to stop and smell the roses some times .:)

Besides it's so pleasant to sit on my patio,sip a cool drink and watch the humming birds flit to and fro like little helocopters on steroids .With three feeders and Lady Che's daylillies there must be 50 of those little darlins at times .

All that overtime and such is fine if you're single, but husbands and fathers need to keep their priorities straight. As they say, you won't be lying on your deathbed wishing you had worked more; you'll be wishing you had spent more time with your family. ;)

I don't think that I'll be wishing that I worked more, but probably not wishing that I worked less. So what if the neighbors think I'm crazy, at least they wave as I go by.

Usually I don't know what day of the week it is.

I remember working 6 and 7 12s in Alaska, one winter we cut back to 5 10s and I went and got 2 part time jobs! 1 rebuilding heads for a diesel mechanic and the other was light mechanicing for a log truck outfit:dur:

With all the woodwork jobs coming my way in California, 100 plus hour work weeks were not uncommon. I was getting rich, but not rich enough to afford a house, and my wife wanted to leave me because I was never home. Such a fool as I......

Waiting for it to stop raining, then I'll take out the Cherry that fell next door and another thats probably going to fall in near future. Rest of the day is set aside for studying for CA test I'm taking next week.

Been looking around a bit for other employment opportunities. Nothing serious yet, but if I end up getting certified I will definitely be in the market for a larger paycheck.

Found out yesterday the utility we work for has cut $. We are three crews down from a couple weeks ago and they are talking lay-offs or sending some of us out of state to other contracts.

got shorted on my check for almost all the storm time I put in last week, so things are pretty tight as we paid some extra bills ahead of time, plus bought new tires for the jeep. Waiting for check stub to show in mail so I can start figuring this out.

Best of luck, Dave. There's practically no future for a line clearance tree trimmer. Gotta either move up to supervisor or go into private work.

Going to wait on having my own company 'till wife gets out of school and gets job. With the economy the way it is it will be nice to have the back-up.

Been making a few good connections with folks in the business around here lately. Been told by more than one they wanted to hire me but had people laid off right now.

Thinking of taking on a little side work, to lay the foundation, should I want to make the self employment move again.

Have been looking into the "safety supervisor" area of line clearance, but most positions require time as a GF which is a job I never want (have turned it down once already)
also looking into forestry dept. for the utilities.

It will all work out in the end and i'm not really worried about not having a job, just don't like going away from home for what little $ I make for this co.

Looks like I forgot to pick up a can of gas for the splitter yesterday:|: Soooooo Off to town I go.... Sometimes I feel like I would forget my head if it weren't attached. :|:

Back