Good Morning!

I said poison ivy lacquer, because if I said "urushi" lacquer, most people wouldn't know what I was talking about. Sap from the Urushi tree, but related to poison ivy. Same inflammation upon contact.

Have to meet with Utility forester this AM and go do some refusals. Everyone else has moved on and I am staying to finish up this line.
Groundies last day then its back to school for him and another new guy for me. Hope this one has seen a chain saw before.

Good luck with that, Dave. I hope they pay you well to do the trees others refuse.

These are jobs that HO have kicked our crews off property and refused to let us trim there, or threatened violence.

It does fall to me to do a lot of jobs other crews won't do, or aren't capable of doing but, I get paid the same as the guys who turn down the trees, which isn't much. I think I work for about the lowest paying large tree co. in the states. I lost almost $4/hr when I switched employers, but I'm back in my old house I own so its almost all good.

Busy day today getting ready for the big shindig/anniversary party tomorrow. Will do the running around stuff this morning for tents, tables, chairs, (and a few things for chainsaws ;) ) and then work on yard stuff when it dries out a bit.
Sa far just really enjoying sitting home w/coffee making out my to do list. Then I have to see if I can fit it in with the wifes list.:)

After driving 1200 miles yesterday, I'm off to Jackson (150 miles one way) to pick up a pontoon boat for our lake. :lol:

:D Party day. Going to put up tents, tables, chairs, string electric for campers, etc. this morning and light the fire. Been waiting to burn all the junk wood I've got laying around, should have started it last night.

Only 30% chance of rain today so looking good, have never been rained on yet, except the morning of our wedding while setting up, and the sun came out right on Que. as we started the music and the preacher headed toward the front of the crowd.

This will be our 5th year we have put this on and I am looking forward to seeing all our old friends who show up. Some of them, I was in bands with 25 years ago.

Folks usually are pulling in throughout the day as many come quite a way to get here and bring their campers or tents to stay.

Faxed in application for CA test yesterday, and waiting to hear if I can take test Aug 28th.

Heck yah, have a good time!

I'm going to work today, I'll be playing catch-up for awhile. I am going to take Sunday off though, don't want to overdo it and do something stupid.:|:

Have a great time and weekend Dave!

I called to confirm a new job last night and the guy already had it done and sorta blew me off to get me off the phone.. He came across like "I will give you another chance next year". People just don't get that we don't just sit here waiting on their call... I have people waiting on a list to have us work.... They are so used to the crap labor up here that is what they expect. People working for drug or beer money.
So off to the cattle ranch today to make up for a day we lost due to the truck being down for a day.
Called a few on the waiting list for another day I had open up and have not heard back from anyone. I already have permission to pop in on another client if no one takes the day.. NP
One more coffee and I am outtie...

Woke up with an itchy belly hole this morning. It's all red and itching like crazy. I must have gotten into something. Filled it up with hydrocortisone cream and all is well.

To early for that Butch!

We woke up after midnight to an awesome thunder storm, rattled the whole house over a dozen times! Somehow the boy didn't wake up, that would have taken the fun out

Raining here AGAIN. This is ridiculous.

Met with Joe, my old employer, this morning. Drove around and looked at the work. Probably a good week's of work I didn't have otherwise.

Back