Good Morning!

Last day of chipping for me today, thank god! Tomorrow things will start to get a little more exciting again, gonna have to dig up my camera.:/:

Gotta get the boys going on a side prune and some small removals, then go bid 3 jobs this am! Then back to DMV for at least the 4th time to get get the title changed and the little bucket truck plated

HAHA I love that pic .....

Going down to Catheys Valley to prune some trees for a hay shed that we are moving for a customer. Then Prune some oaks for an RV turn around at the same horse property. Nice people. We stained their log cabin last year when work was a tad slow.

presently digging out the last of the pyrocanthus thorns from my hands and then dumping chips and then servicing the chip truck.
Mebbe go for a hike with the dog later

Sun is finally out today after a week of rain. Ground is mighty soft and muddy still

Gotta remember my vow of

NOT TO GET THE TRUCK STUCK IN THE MUD THIS YEAR

So far I am doing pretty good, but we will see.... usually I get stuck at least once every year.

I just found out that I locked my keys in my bucket truck last night. I guess I was wiped out from the heat. Locksmith can't get there for another hour so I'm just waiting. :(

Brian, I recommend getting one of those little magnetic boxes for spare keys and sticking one on the underside of the truck somewhere. I got one a while back and haven't locked my keys in since.:|:

I got it handled. I have several extra keys for the toolboxes but only one extra set of keys for the doors and ignition. I moved the spare set to a toolbox on the driver's side of the truck. If it happens again then I'll still have access to the ignition keys and I don't have to leave them in some hidden spot that somebody might find. I've had several occassions where I've found stuff moved around on the truck, unlocked boxes opened and other evidence of snooping.

Not much going on as far as work. I got a call last night from a landscaper buddy (the one who owns the 460 I rebuilt) and he asked if I could do some work at his house cheap. He has a grapple loader rented for the month and wants to get a few more trees cut down on his property before the loader has to go back. So I'll go work today at a discounted rate. It's not income producing work for him so I'll cut him a break, beats sitting at home.

Well, the weather men have their head up their ass as usual. Called for pouring rain, but nice and sunny out. Went to put a new e-brake pedal assembly in the Ford, the new one had a problem so they are sending another.

I'm going to Camaron Park up by Sacramento today to remove an Apricot tree for my Aunt. I think the tree has bacterial canker. I'm picking up my Dad (her brother) and having breakfast at the old folks home this morning and then it's about a 2 hour drive up there. No chipper or truck of course just going in my pickup and will handle the brush the old fashioned way.

One of the girls called in today so I am down one person. Now worries... Easier terrain today, mostly tidy up a couple accounts, take out a field behind a house and see what else we can knock out. Time to take the benedryl:|:

G'morn.

Just met up with "devildog" this morning, he is letting me borrow his ball joint press so I can start my repair next week hopefully.

Nothing planned for work today....headed out at 11:00 to NYC for a show with my hunney. Have some good reading materials for the train, and I'm GTG.

rain for us again - YAHOO - three days off coffee is on the waffles are in the toaster

Waffels in the toaster? Better go pour my first cuppa joe, maybe that will make more sense then

Were starting at 7, 2 of us anyway, some pruning at a local bank and we need to get out of there quick as possible

Doing Bootjack Market today but I don't have to fly out like you do Willie. The locals pretty much just come out and yak at us while we are working. It's good PR :D Then off to a Master Gardener to detail his rocks.............. COFFEE!
Did I mention the market has good biscuits and gravy :)

Back