Good Morning!

I will do what they want and ease my conscience by giving them an informative speech about the consequences of the actions that they are requesting of me.. As long as they are informed and I have voiced my opinion on what knowledge I have I will be happy to take their money and have them wave liability on the out come of the victim. They usually listen to reason and logic with few exception.

IMO re-topping a previously topped tree can reduce the likelihood of failure at the point of topping as you are removing the regrowth which is poorly attached, as long as it is monitored and repeated, its a choice that competes with complete removal.

It might not be pretty but it accomplishes a goal. Retaining the tree for whatever purpose the owner wishes to use it for, IE privacy, shade etc.

;)

Good morn.

Up early here to hit the flea market for some timber framing tools. canceled as its pouring down rain here.

Only thing now on the list To Do is weld on the e-brake from the Thomas that snapped off about 6 months ago. One of the bolts snapped off in the frame, probably try to get it out then run a bead of weld on the top and bottom so it doesn't happen again.

I wish I had taken up welding when I was younger. I've never welded anything in my life, and it can be a very useful skill set.

Just now waking up on this lazy Sunday!! So far, the rain is holding off, which is great news!! In a hour or so, we'll be heading around the block to do the small job, then we'll start work on our rock wall project. It's going on 2 years now I think.

Haha.

They are not that bad. The biggest problem I find is dialing in the welder for the material. There is a chart but it's not perfect. Also working upside down, or around a circle. I'm sure it'll come with time.

I just got it done, looks decent, and jerked the machine back and forth back and forth and it's still holding.;)

Setting the machine is the hardest part. After awhile you think, I need to go hotter to make my puddle lay in. Then it just becomes work:D

Some bummer news for me last night. My uncle(employee) got a small cut oh a week or so ago on his shin. Well it's gone infected and he went in to the doc yesterday afternoon who sent him to the hospital. Now he's been getting IV drip antibiotics and obviously needs a few days off. Time to scramble and re-schedule now. Turns todays easy falling/bucking day into a long day for myself(I've rustled up a swamper but not another cutter).

I just hope he heals up fast and completely.

I've got a eery cottonwood to do later in the week. Sorta like this only worse, I won't be doing it with new/inexperienced help I think though.

That's the ole hardcore unc right there.

Attachments

• IMG_7174.JPG
    IMG_7174.JPG
    309.9 KB · Views: 51
Hanging around with Squish is hazardous to your health! I forgot yesterday that I was out of coffee and now I'm deciding if I should go get some or not.

Best wishes for your uncle, Skwishey. I can tell from your posts and pics just how much he means to you. Lots of good Treehouse mojo coming his way. :)

I wish I had taken up welding when I was younger. I've never welded anything in my life, and it can be a very useful skill set.
The only way you get good at is to do it .

You spend a couple hundred on a cheap buzz box, a box of 1/8" 6011 rods and a pile of scrap metal and have at it .

For that matter you can often find an old Lincoln red "coffin " style machine for less than a hundred at an auction or garage sale . Not bad old AC machines ,been around forever .

Just find somebody that can give you a little helping hand with some instructions and go from there .

I can't much do so over the internet or I would .

I remember finding my old welding textbook from high school a few years back. I looked around for it and haven't had any luck finding it. It explained things pretty well.

Back