Good Morning!

Actually, my UPS went bad this morning and I unplugged it and bypassed it. Need to pick up another one soon. I have brief (less than 5 second) power outages often enough that it's worth the $100+ every 1.5 years to keep one.

(UPS = Uninterruptible Power Supply, a rechargable battery backup that you plug into)

Actually, my UPS went bad this morning and I unplugged it and bypassed it. Need to pick up another one soon. I have brief (less than 5 second) power outages often enough that it's worth the $100+ every 1.5 years to keep one.

(UPS = Uninterruptible Power Supply, a rechargable battery backup that you plug into)

Uhhh you do know the batteries are replacable...;)

The APC ones I deal with for work, have lead-acid batteries that just pop right out with no hassles at all.

Cool, I didn't know that. I just opened it up and pulled the battery out. Maybe I can get a replacement at 'The Battery Store' or someplace like that?

I use Flash USB drives for backing up these days, for the critical business stuff, it takes a while to fill 4GB. I dont bother with music and movies etc. I also save downloaded software and updates if I can. I rotate between 2 of the 4Gig units. For under $20 CDN they are super simple etc. about half the size of a Bic lighter.
http://www.a-power.com/product-8482-317-1

I used one of those when I bought this computer to swap over some info from my old computer. The software on it was buggy and I ended up having to just delete/ bypass it. I got most of what I wanted by simply dragging and dropping files onto the flash drive, then pulling them off the same way on the new computer. I ended up throwing it away afterwards because it was so buggy and a PITA to use. I'm sure there are better brands, I must have gotten a crappy one.

Leg raises and coffee here!
124.gif

Morning all .I have to go to the bank then install new circuit breaker box for my mother .

The old fuse box my dad installed around 1963 or so finally gave up the ghost .

After which I hope to do some machine work on a Stihl 200 T I am souping up . If I have enough time after that I may make a few more specialty tools to aid in saw repairs .

I have a bid to do at 8:00 and then I am supposed to provide a chipper for my church. They have a bunch of raywood ash trees that are full of mistletoe. One of the local orchard farmers is going to prune it out using his pruning tower and I'm supposed to chip it up.

I've never seen it in raywood ash.
Drinking a cuppa joe and waiting for my peach cobbler to come outta the oven! yummy! gotta unload a tranny I bought last night, stack some wood I split the other day, dump a load of dirt at my father in laws........ i'm sure i'll have more to do

Geeze I spent about 4 hours installing that new electric panal yesterday .

Like a dummy I didn't pay attention to what I bought and had to return it for a larger one .I'm supposed to be a pro too .:roll:

So ,off to the shop to do today what I didn't get done yesterday due to my stupidity . Some days you get the bear and some the bear gets you .

Mornin everyone. I'm supposed to irrigate my little walnut orchard today, and I have a customer of Cursed to call about the ant tree.

Raining here today. My computer went kaput last night, it's been running progressively worse the last few weeks, and my bro thinks the mother board is fried as the temperatures were enough to burn you. I'm here typing through Nintendo Wii though, works just like a normal computer.

Just got back from the Doctor's office. Blood pressure.....too high, weight.....too high, alcohol intake.......too high. And then to top it all he stuck his finger up my.......luckily not too high.

I did not like the idea of pruning globe willows in the rain, so the boys are picking up their checks and taking the rest of the day off.

One easy consult then Junior and I are packing for the Charlotte TCC. We're doing our usual thing volunteering at the footlock... I'm head judge this year even.

It's gonna be a 3 day party with some tree climbing going on too.

Back