Good Morning!

Good morning... Rain has stopped and we are going to go tie up a small job that has been waiting for the weather to clear and a burn day. Guy wants us to get the poison oak burned before his wife gets back from her holiday stay in the orient. He is also giving us the fire wood :D Some live oak I cut for him last year ... all ready to burn :D

You have electric heat? That's expensive.

Not really. I have an air-to-air heat pump. Just like standard air conditioning but there's a reversing valve for heat. It works fine down to about 35 degrees or so, then the air handler has auxiliary electric heat strips that can kick in if the heat pump can't keep it warm enough. My electric bill stays below $100 per month except for 3 months in the summer.

I called my a/c guy and he's coming over this afternoon to figure out the problem. I think it's this stupid thermostat he put in last month.

So ,is it a programable thermo with an auto set back ?? If so mine is like that too .

For reasons unknown to me the stupid thing looses it's memory from time to time and must be reprogramed .The default setting is 85 on cool and 62 on heat when is goes dumb on me .

An air to air unit does pretty well until it gets in the thirtys .

Al, they will reset to default if they lose power. Many have a battery backup though, you might just need new batteries in it.

True,my mothers has a battery that on occasion needs changed .Mine supposedly will hang for about a minute with lose of power ,no battery .

Dang, I woke up with a smile on my face. It's ridiculously warm out right now. Although there is a passing drizzle, it seems like it's going to be great out. P-washed the chipper already, going to pull it in the garage in a few to relocate the auto feed on/off, and re-do the way they have the lift cylinder switch. :)

Another day of work canceled due to weather.. I also called a client to try to go burn some existing piles. Was told new office is handling the billing and we need for a new authorization to progress with the existing work. Sign of the times.. Think I am getting a bit nuts from not working... My 3 year old took a pic of his daddy losing it.. LOL

Caption would be... Son ! OMG That's your mother camera ! :lol:

Attachments

• Levi Thats Moms Camera.JPG
    Levi Thats Moms Camera.JPG
    470.6 KB · Views: 6
Busy day for today. Breakfast in 20 minutes with one of my contractors who wants me to look at a job to see if I can do it. Then I'm off to do a small job for another guy about 10. At 1:30 I have to go look at that custom privacy fence job with my carpenter buddy. At 2:30 I'm getting a haircut, then packing for tomorrow morning's trip to NC.

Later, guys. :)

Well today was/is supposed to be my first day back to the trees, after a winter of plowing. It hasn't snowed for a couple of weeks and I wake up this morning and it's dumping like no tomorrow here now. So I'm gonna have to postpone today, I'll get the trucks down outta my road no problem, but we'd never get back up today.:( I was looking forward to slaying a few dead/dying trees today, oh well there's always tomorrow I suppose.

I had a pine tree to finish cleaning a bunch of dead needles out of but it rained last night and I think it would be harder with the tree wet. So seeings how this is the only job I have scheduled I will postpone it for a day and let the tree dry out. I also have 4 small modesto ash trees at my church that I should clean the mistletoe from.

Well after a day of changing light bulbs in trees again, today I'll do a lil maintenance.

Picking up some nice mudflaps for the Ford, going to bandit to get some yolk springs for a little project, and put new knives on the Woodsman.

Going to go work in the fire zone today. Have some trees to replant on a property and some BLM land.. Taking the post hole digger. See how it goes. Hoping to get done early enough to get a load of wood out. You all have a great day :)

Good morning :)
Sitting here waiting for Katy to wake up. Problem is both of us were up with Lilly all night.. :P
So I don't know if we are going to work today or not. Supposed to start raining sometime today and it looks on the verge right now. Had a little pruning job we could have knocked out together in less than 4 hours. Oh well....
Hope everyone is having a good morning. :)

Good morning TH. :)
This morning I have to go flop three cedars opposite the lean. No cleanup, no cutting them up, just three cuts (although I'll probably make the stump cuts for them).

Then I have some errands to run. Last September I cancelled my occupational license for the city of Winter Springs because I've only done one job there in three years. I couldn't just ignore the renewal notice, I had to go down there in person to cancel it. Saturday I got a notice from Winter Springs that my $38 license fee is severely delinquent and will be turned over to a collection agency if I don't respond within 5 days. Damn, I love government efficiency!
:X

I'm having some coffee and heading out for some trees finally this morning.:) A bunch of cut and run today, hoping the wind doesn't pick up anymore than it is already.

Back