Good Morning!

Gigi, I'm MUCH better, thanks!

Steve....the little town I live in/near is that way still in some ways. I did the multiple egg basket thing over the past couple decades...but now I've popped them all back in the same one.

I'm using same bank that all my in-laws have put their money for their various personal and farm ventures since the forties. I could get slightly better rates with possibly better perks here and there over the years, but when it came right down to it, it wasn't worth it at all.

The family bank seems to have been chosen cuz they treat everyone with respect and caring, as well as offering their professional service. Not that there haven't been mistakes made. but this is the only bank I've ever been to that would send out a personal note to apoloagize and explain that they screwed up on a deposit (small) in their favor and they had corrected it. They have steered me to services that I wouldn't have known about that were clearly beneficial to my situation. They almost all take the time/effort to be friendly/courteous...surely they can't feel that way EVERY day, but they make the effort.

I'm happy to say the same for many of the establishments around here, but not all. Last week, my dear sweet son got his first speeding ticket (70 in a 55 zone, 15 minutes late on curfew on a Sunday night.) The next morning I called the courthouse to see what advantages traffic school would hold (has to do with points on his license.) This time, the woman on the phone had no patience for my many questions and was short tempered and a bit condescending. I got off the phone pissed off, but quickly realized that when I lived in the city I dealt with people like that on a daily basis!!!

Here in Mayberry, counting my blessings!

Oh things happen .I'm the third in a string of four with the same name .

Some years back my grandfather got my fathers investment of a certain stock fund .It took them about 3 months to get it straightened out .Pretty good sized chunk of money too .

I just closed out the business account with Wachovia & reverted to the small, hometown bank. Businesses get free mo. maint., no fees & earn 4%APR on bal.. Not bad for here, but not quite Mayberry. They might be more loan friendly when the time is right .

I haven't paid any banking fees in years and get a tad bit of interest on the checking account ,not much though .

What annoys me though is under the guise of "war on drugs " I have to yearly sign a paper stating who I am because I don't dip into my savings accounts . Pretty much gov red tape nonsense .

When I bought this house some 12 years ago I had to prove where I got the money as I made a sizable down payment on it .More nonsense .

Bank Auction ? Finance Sir ? I'll be paying cash ! June 20,2008 forclosure auction on these two beauties !

Attachments

• 02041f.jpg
    02041f.jpg
    676.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 03007f.jpg
    03007f.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 5
Well of course they had to go and shut the burn day off today and I would expect they will hold that principal through the holiday. Soooo, my schedule is getting interesting again. I have to put some clients on hold until it opens up again. I feel like I am playing musical chairs. So off to stage some brush for burn on a job we are supposed to work tomorrow but that we have the budget to do what we have to do. Hope you all have a great day. I am outtie and off to work. :)

Good morning :) Ahhhhh first cup of coffee and I am making another pot. Kids woke me early today :roll:
Its raining this morning and we are waiting to see if it is a burn day and if the rain eases up a bit so we can burn some brush.

Snowed a skiff here last night. I've got two easy days of trading work with a neighbor. He's a HD mechanic with a fully equipped shop truck, so I'm helping him build his new giant shop in trade for misc. repairs to my equipment.

Brett, Think it through. If a skiff in Fl is a very shallow draft vessel suitable for poling the shallows/coastal flats then a skiff of snow is likewise of very little depth. A skiff is a smidge more than a dusting.

Correct! That's what I'm hoping for. Two days of trading work this week and one day of real treework for Friday. The season is over here, now where's the damn snow!:evil:

Ah morning it 'tis and real dark out at 6 . I start back on day shift Monday so I'm getting myself back to rising early and retiring early .

On the agenda today is attempting to repair a Mac 7-10 .I repaired this old gem about 4-5 years ago and gave it to my wifes nephew .It somehow quit running a few days ago and needs a check up from Dr Smith . Chances are it will putt before too long .

rising at 0630 on the east coast. Looking at a bluebird day before the s*it hits the fan with sleet and freezing rain. Looks like its going to be a nasty monday. Expect 4-6 of the wet sleet/snow/FR.

Might be good for business, but bad for working.

Anyhow getting ready to head out to the woods for the last day of Rifle season here in VT. Taking my 16yo daughter out for the After-lunch hunt.

She and I sat together on Turkey Day and had a spooked buck nearly run us over. Stupid thing came straight on with no chest shot for the girl to take. At the last second I barked at it and it twisted just enough, next thing I know my gun goes off and the bad-boy goes down.

So much for letting my girl get her first deer....:cry:

Anyhow, I'm working OT to get her into another one! Even if today doesn't pan out we'll be better prepared for ML season next week. She has a Brown & Down set of tags for that so we should be able to get her into something.

TTFN!

Rick

Brett, Think it through. If a skiff in Fl is a very shallow draft vessel suitable for poling the shallows/coastal flats then a skiff of snow is likewise of very little depth. A skiff is a smidge more than a dusting.

Thanks for that Stump, good analogy.

Ha not this year. A warm night again, skunked. This year is messing me up this last week here and looks like next week will be no better. I could do some treework down in town, but I'll never get my truck back home again, well not never but maybe not. Then what do I do spun out on the side of the ski hill road with a forestry unit and chipper?:whine:

I got 'iced on' (little ice balls, not wet like sleet) yesterday while outside fencing....not quite ready for all the real white stuff yet. I've pulled the heavy clothes down from the attic now, though. Much better.

I'm not sure what today is going to bring.....the guys left for a gun show in Lexington, that means I have uninterrupted time for at least the afternoon. First thing I'd better do is turn off the computer!! :D

Back