Good Morning!

Why not use a throwline? Cubes rock for throwing in the woods.

I'm off to class, a bid, picking up steaks, coming home and going to werk! :)

Another cup o java and I'm off to cast my ballot ,for better or worse .Just think ,this time tommorow it will all be over except for the weeping and gnashing of teeth which will take another 6 weeks .

I was thinking like Greg. It's like SRT but even less important.

I set the line, preload with roughly how much I'll need to pull it over (or there abouts) and then do the face and back cut. That way I'll know if it will break out before I ever get started.

Good morning!
I had an unexpected occurance last night. I woke up about 3am due to some noise near the back door. I got up and looked, expecting to see somebody sneaking around in my back yard but it was just a possum. I couldn't shoot him but there was a shovel next to the door so I grabbed it and smacked him real good. He played possum and instantly went stiff so scooped him up and threw him into the neighbor's back yard. Hopefully the fences make it easier for him to head the other way instead of coming back here.

Those animals are kind of gross. I had one have babies in a bucket of roofing nails in my shop last year. When I was 20 years old (a little home spun tale) my first farming venture was renting a 28 acre walnut orchard that had one third of it was some very old trees many of which had hollow limbs and trunks and such in them. There must have been a little colony of possums using them as shelter as I used to see them when I sprayed at night but never during the day. When it came time to shake them I had hired a friend who had a shaker and he showed up with a white trash looking driver on the appointed day. After about a hour the guy comes running over to me all excited saying that when he was shaking a tree a possum fell out of the tree and landed on the fender of the shaker. After the third possum fell out of the trees the guy quit on the spot and could not be talked into continuing. I had run the same shaker a couple of years earlier for the guy whom my friend bought the business from, so I finished the orchard and no more possums came out of the trees.

people say thier good eating and i used to tell myself, next time i get one im going to try it. then id ge one and wouldnt even want to touch it let alone eat it:lol:

Good eating would be a bit of a stretch. They do often carry a lot of fat so 'possum and sweet taters wound up being an appealing meal to undernourished poor folks in the south. I will eat 'coon by choice but 'possum is more of "Well if that is the only polite thing to do".

Wanna buy a possum?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9NRXyD4Q14g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9NRXyD4Q14g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Good eating would be a bit of a stretch. They do often carry a lot of fat so 'possum and sweet taters wound up being an appealing meal to undernourished poor folks in the south. I will eat 'coon by choice but 'possum is more of "Well if that is the only polite thing to do".

I typically try to avoid road kill in my diet.:O

Ditto... Even though my dad once brought home a deer... Need I say more?

When I was in the army, we pulled the whole convoy over on the side of the interstate so the platoon sgt. could get the backstraps off a road killed white tail. We were away from refrigeration for several days after that.:barf:

Been about sick of being sick for over a week, so today I am taking the day off to rest for a good job tomorrow, maybe take one more on the weekend. I am burnt out and ache. Groundie took the day off for a job interview and I just sent Rob out on a small job we needed to get done and he will get most of a day on it by himself.
Have coffee, nyquil, vitamin C and chicken soup...and some good vid to watch....

Good morning TH. Another lazy saturday here. In a little while I'm taking the bucket truck over to help my buddy Mike swap out the motor on his boat. I'd rather take a nap though...
:|:

Back