Good Morning!

I'm going to Atwater to work on a big brush pile, a small redwood takedown, and grind a few stumps. Willie, last week our dog the white one wouldn't eat so my wife brought into the vet and she had a tumor on her spleen that had gotten so big that it broke the spleen in two and was bleeding all over inside. $1200 dollars later everything is fine.:cry:

Well,I can't talk about vet bills because in a former life with a former wife I had spent a kings ransom on the doggy doctor .

wow steve, thats a chunk of change for a critter! must have been painful:(

Yeah, this all took place while I was working so I just came home to the news. I'm not a big sentimental about the animals guy so, had it been me with her at the vet's office I would have put her down. She didn't lick her wound so the lampshade wasn't needed.

I'm home from Calc, took care of the dishwasher, now I'm back out to (hopefully) finish the tree portion of the downed oak I started yesterday, an hour's worth of grinding, a dead limb removal at 4, smash a dead pine to clean up tomorrow, and a bid near the limb removal.

Tomorrow clean up the pine, no raking :cool:, grind it's stump, deal with the oak stump (wrecker) and get paid $$$$.

heres twitch modeling this winters newest lamp shade:D

Attachments

• twitch.jpg
    twitch.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 11
hahahaha, save me some electricity!
shes actually in a fine mood till i put the dumb thing on her head

Porr doggy .Don't holler at her too loud because that funnel will concentrate the sound to the doogys' already ultrasensitive ears .Ouch .

The australian shepard I had a few years back would get this real humilated look on his face if you put one of those cones on his neck.

Ha,Tom the tree guy just rang me up a few minutes ago .He fiddley farted around and let so much firewood stack up unsplit he ran out of places to store it . Good old soft hearted Al is allowing him to dump a few dump truck loads here .Geeze old PT Barnum said there was sucker born evey minute .

Good grief between what he has and I already have it's a wonder there are any oak trees left .:/: Too bad it isn't all saw logs ,that would impress me a lot more than firewood .

I'm going to hook on to the splitter and go help Tom whittle his wood pile down. Providing that bunch of rummies he has working for him shows up .Fri .was payday ,ya know .

Ha ,that should be treat for them,listening to two single cylinder engines banging away when they have the big head from having too much fun the night before .:lol: Maybe I should pull the muffler off to give them a treat :/:

Rain yesterday and Rain today... Only cleared for the kids to go trick or treat. So just watching the kids get high on sugar and chillin. Think I will try and find a movie or at least finish the X-Plane vid from last night.

I'm gonna be getting flooded with four year olds in about two hours. Lol, my wife says I gotta be 'gentler' than my usual self around the other kids so I don't make anyone cry. A generation of wusses is being raised, but not my daughter.:D

Ah it'll be a goodtime.

Lol, well that's what I get for leaving my gate open this morning. The JW's just stopped by for a short visit. :lol:

Man I just don't get the coming to my door to bug me about religion.

Oh well when I just held my hand out and said 'not interested' they turned and left no fuss.

I must be on their hitlist, they were probably real excited to see that the gate was finally open. Lol

After running two hydraulic splitters with 5 guys we knocked out about 7-8 cords in about 4-4 1/2 hours .Not bad considering the stuff was dumped helter skelter and shoved up with a skid loader .

Somebody on another forum bragged about getting 2 cords per hour one splitter ,I said BS then and I say BS now ,no can do .

Ha ,this old man told Tom the tree guy if he's going to sell wood to cut it to length on the job rather than in the lot where it gets full of stones and crud and plays hell with the chains . He's finally seeing it my way after cutting out of a pile with an 044 trying to keep ahead of two splitters .The little rascal did pretty well ,I'll give him that .

Just got back, we took down the right tree this time. The tenant came out worrying about if she has to pay, I couldn't understand a word she said. Guy paid me, outa there in 2 hrs, 3 with drive. Gotta go get a stove now!

After running two hydraulic splitters with 5 guys we knocked out about 7-8 cords in about 4-4 1/2 hours .Not bad considering the stuff was dumped helter skelter and shoved up with a skid loader .

Somebody on another forum bragged about getting 2 cords per hour one splitter ,I said BS then and I say BS now ,no can do .

Ha ,this old man told Tom the tree guy if he's going to sell wood to cut it to length on the job rather than in the lot where it gets full of stones and crud and plays hell with the chains . He's finally seeing it my way after cutting out of a pile with an 044 trying to keep ahead of two splitters .The little rascal did pretty well ,I'll give him that .

Sounds like a productive afternoon Al. Don't worry about that other guy. He beats nails with his forehead.:lol:

I'm gonna be getting flooded with four year olds in about two hours. Lol, my wife says I gotta be 'gentler' than my usual self around the other kids so I don't make anyone cry. A generation of wusses is being raised, but not my daughter.:D

Ah it'll be a goodtime.

I've got 3 daughters, and I raised them to be strong. it is so funny to watch my oldest, Kellie, bossing her boyfriend around. he doesn't stand a chance.

Attachments

• kellie and dad].JPG
    kellie and dad].JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 31
Gotta go drop a lightening struck Hemlock into the woods today, I got a extenstion ladder in my truck for the first time, maybe I'll go clean some gutters too:|: . Na, it's to punky to climb and set a rope in, so ladder it is. Then I'm going to mount and test the capstan winch today--WOO WOO. Pics later.

Back