Good Morning!

I get to take my computer in to get re-formatted today. They charged me $230 for Windows, and they better not charge me more than $100 to do it or I'll... pay it, I guess. :(

Brendon your weather forecasts are better than the local guys on TV. The rain was supposed to start here overnight, but it still hasn't started.....

I woke up with a shooting pain going from my hip to the bottom of my foot. My wife (RN) says it is a siatic nerve, it hurts like a bastid, today isn't gonna be fun:(

I've had that sciatic nerve thing for years, you get used to it. Actually mine hurts much less when I'm working. Laying in bed is what gets me. I've bought two new beds in the last 5 years and I'm ready to try yet another one soon. Or I could just sleep in my recliner chair.

I get to take my computer in to get re-formatted today. They charged me $230 for Windows, and they better not charge me more than $100 to do it or I'll... pay it, I guess. :(
I always have been under the assumtion that if you have a registered copy of windows it is good forever .

Case in point ,either my machine or my wifes got zapped by lightning ,smoked a few components .My "Guru " at the time just reloaded it ,no charge for the operating system .

230 bucks is about half what an entire 'puter costs now days which comes with an operating system already on it .

--In other news I spent about 2 hours getting the super duper splitter to run .The damned thing had a bad ignition coil .Odd because it died on the vine just sitting as it ran like a charm when I bought that engine 7-8 years ago .:?

Putt -putt putting away ,no hydraulic pressure ,hmm .It seems some wizard had the wrong rotational configuration on the hydraulic pump ,nutz .:

No big deal except for the the idea of the whole thing of not paying attention .Take off the pump ,switch the components ,back together ,about an hour and half I suppose .

I had a cancellation this week, and I'm taking full advantage of it by taking the day off. I'm beat from some steady going here. Looks like it's gonna be nice and sunny for me too.8)

I finally get to end my 9 day dead streak today. I've earned $425 in the last two weeks and it's starting to get uncomfortable. One of these days I'll get better at saving money so I won't be so put out during times like this.

Off to work! :big-wave:

The last two days I've been getting intimate with chainsaws. The crane guy brought in two for repair. It helps to have a schematic of the engine, so I called up Husqvarna and they kindly obliged with a fax. Whoever worked on one of them before, left out a few parts :roll:

Off to meet the crew on a sizeable oak deadwood prune and then back to a client's house where her new neighbour peeled back her chainlink fence and cut down 18 of her Eastern Red Cedars . I think I can smell that lawyer smell in the air!

Hmmph. My one employee called in sick this morning, first time this year so it's a real illness I assume. Really buggers my day.:(

Well. Made the call. Big poplar was supposed to go down today, but it ain't happening solo, so re-scheduled. Tomorrow I've got a job booked with a real limited LZ which will also have to be re-scheduled if my unc's still sick. Man I hate making those calls. Now I gotta decide what to do today to shake this funk I'm in.:(

enjoy the day off, you deserve it, the trees will be there in a couple days when your uncle gets back at it. :)

Or go to labor ready and take your chances with a temp. not.

Oh I've got about a bazillion things that need to get done, but I'm liking Steve's ideas best so far. :)

I won't hire untrained labor for running ropes on the job that was supposed to go today. You know how things have been booming up here lately Paul, if someone don't have a job up here they're either lazy, stupid, or a drug addict. Or any combination of the three. I wouldn't even want some random hire checking out where my saws are stored on my truck.:lol:

Went a did a bid this morning, well I won't be writing an estimate, saved myself the hassle and told her I wasn't interested.

Just took down a Red Maple in the yard, more light in a damp area. Waiting around for Andrew (Wagnaw) right now too.

Because that's the freedom of having your own business right, if it's something you don't want to do, then so be it. :)

There was a row of spruce trees, engulfed in a wisteria vine about 8" diameter, from there the vine trails up a silver maple, she wanted it "topped". Drop zone the size of a stamp, and a rock wall with stairs in the middle as wide as my hips.

I could give her your #. :D

Naa.

Back