Good Morning!

Thanks you'se guys... :)

Man, I love this place!!!

When I get confirmantion, I will post a new thread about it.

I will be working as an Air Traffic Controller again... :thumbup:

Gary

" air belize 456, i said taxi to position and hold runway 16 left, WHY THE F@$% ARE YOU MOVING!!!"

:D

http://www.liveatc.net/
Is your airport on the list Gasman?
I am listening to YVR air traffic tower right now, man there is a LOT of chatter.

I had a link to a website a couple years ago that had some taped radio transmission with some near miss issues and difficult to understand transmissions. funny stuff, scary, but funny.

My airport is KNUW.

It's not there on that site Paully. Prolly because it is a military, US Naval Air Station (NAS Whidbey Island).

I will be back in the saddle as a RADAR Approach controller. We work with YVR and YYJ since our airspace borders Canada. Funny thing... Bellingham International airport is in the US... but lies under Canadian Airspace. Canada's airspace comes 20 miles or so into the US. So we have to hand off US airplanes to YVR Center to land at Bellingham in the US. We also work directly with Seattle Approach Control and Seattle Enroute Air traffic Center.

I will have to dig up some of the funny ATC stuff I have saved... lots of hilarious stuff has been said over the air.

Gary

figgured so (the military base not being on the public waves). I have been listening to YVR as I mentioned, surprisingly casual chatter actually.

Talkin' to the Canuck's on the radio is fun... They are a riot. I'm guessin' a lot less strees put on them at work. They always seem so nonchalant when You talk to them. A couple of the gents that work up there are always good for a joke or two during slow periods. One guy always calls Belling"ham", Belling"pork"... then he snorts like a pig into the mic. Funny shit when we are busy and they aren't. LMAO...:lol:

A few of them have the thick Northern accent and end a lot of their transmissions with "eh?". Sometimes brings a chuckle on my end. When I dated a gal from up in Langley BC, her accent was kinda thick. It really bugged her that Americans made fun of her when she said "eh?". So I try not to make a big deal out of it. :)

She can prolly thank Bob and Doug for that stereotype...

Gary

I spent the best of yesterday afternoon fiddling with the damned log splitter.New pump,still no worky.I disected the 4 inch cylinder,looked good.

Evidently the valve is funky.:(

I have a little Husqvarna saw to look at today,336 I think,it won't oil for some reason.Plus a 281 with a screwed up throttle.

The guy that owns both claims the 281 will cut nearly as fast as an 066,I'll have to see that one first to believe it.

hey, is it superbowl day? I must admit these days I dont have time to watch many sports but I usually try to catch the superbowl for the heck of it. didnt watch last year but saw Janets boob the year before. I remember I had my brother in laws over, we all three looked at each other and said WTF? Did that just happen? ha!

I had forgotten about the super bowl .I'm not an athletic supporter so to speak.

It used to be fun though to cruise the bars during the game just to watch all the hype and hoopla of the people watching the game.Munch on hamburgers and hot chili. Drink beer and pass gas. Nothing like it.:lol:

I had forgotten about the super bowl .I'm not an athletic supporter so to speak.

It used to be fun though to cruise the bars during the game just to watch all the hype and hoopla of the people watching the game.Munch on hamburgers and hot chili. Drink beer and pass gas. Nothing like it.:lol:

I went to the bar long enough to grab a couple of cheap Coor's Light Drafts and get some free swag from the Coor's girls. :evil:

Now I'm enjoying some Bud Light and watching it in peace and quiet.

Damm I missed seeing Tom Petty at half-time.

Anyone see it? Was it a good show?

I'm not sure but it might be on my space or U-tube.They said all those silly commercials would be but I haven't done a search to find out.

Other earth shattering news for this morning.I ordered a valve for the splitter.Called Tom the tree guy to get a muffler for his baby Husqvarna.I fired it up on gas squirted in the carb.I don't want to run it without a muffler and sieze it up.I could make a tuned pipe for it I suppose.That would certainly be a popular thing on a Saturday morning in a quite neighborhood.:lol:

Hmm,I guess this non oiling thing is a problem with those little Husky trim saws. I can't believe that my little chainsaw blow job would fix the problem that simple.:? Well,more to come after I get it running for more than two seconds at a time.

Well this morning, I'm getting my dose of caffeine, dose of treehouse and watching the white stuff accumulate. Easy day today, soon I cruise to the hospital, hangout make sure the main drags are clear of snow and get paid for cruising around aimlessly listening to tunes. Things could be worse on a cold snowy tuesday morning.8)

Back