Good Morning!

I can't recover from a mid day nap. I am out for the night at that point.

Though I'd try the mourning thread...I hate mournings (mornings). Oh that's nice its raining. I'd almost buy rain gear...if it would rain more than 10 times a year. Well you all have all have a safe fun day. I got a hazardous day of barberries and killer boxwoods lined up.

Happy, May no barberry thorn find its way under your fingernails. Be strong. Work safe.

I can't recover from a mid day nap. I am out for the night at that point.

I'm like that. If someone wakes me up I take about a hour to feel back to normal and if no one wakes me up I will sleep for 3 or 4 hours and then not be sleepy that night and end up being tired the next morning.

Not me! It's an excuse to have a good 'ole cup o joe!
81f82308.gif

Coffee makes me sleepy.
Actually it doesn't unless I am already tired-then I can drink 3 cups and go to sleep.

It looks like I'm going to be rained out today. A big low pressure system is parked over Florida and it's been raining here since last night. I was hoping it was going to clear out but the sky is grey, not a single clear spot in sight.

Yep, it looks like a stand down day for you. I get to work out of town today, about hours drive through a couple little speed trap towns. The last time I was out here they got me. Bleagh!

I still can't beleive y'all don't work in the rain. I'm sorry but years of being in the bush, rain is just weather. My good buddy used to call it liquid sunshine when we worked on the coast. I remember a few wintertime shifts of fifteen days straight of rain on the island, somedays getting more than 100mm in 24hrs (4"). As I've said that was supposed to be the point where we wouldn't work cause the roads/hillsides would get to saturated and I can remember watching our boss dump out the little rain gauge and saying 'good to go then'. I only had two days of trees last week and worked in the pouring rain one of those days. And today I'm sitting in my nice dry warm office :P .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rain outs depend on the nature of the work I have. Trims usually get cancelled but removals are OK in the rain unless it is too windy.

i do as the last 2 posts unless were way behind and theres more rain on the way, then its time to suck it up and melt

Back