Good Morning!

My favorite word is "context". I've done weather related work for most of my life. When I was a treeplanter the only conditions allowable were cold and wet- the only weather for transplanting bare-root seedlings is when they're dormant. Spent many a day in freezing/mixed rain on "the slopes",then 100+ degrees picking cones in the summer before they flared. My wildlife surveys are tuned to breeding seasons. Snow dos'nt skeer me, unless it shuts down a contract. Getting older also changes things... I'd rather be laying tile in my kitchen this winter than working in the woods!

dont want to work in the rain? dont come to the Vancouver area. its like the eskimos, they have like 28 words for snow, we have dozens of levels for precipitation.
rain, showers, heavy rain, heavy showers, drizzle, light rain, chance of showers, stormy, ...

sounds like the Irish who have all those different names for the color green

lol Paul, I did my time on your wet coast. Now I've retired to a more arid climate. But it's been raining for a week now, ridiculous.

Snow down to 3500' tonight. I've got work next week pushing 7000'. Hope this shit passes soon. We've been spoiled with the last few years of "indian summers".

Raining this morning. Not much to do today, I may service/ clean some chainsaws later. I have two properties to look at that are each about 10 miles away (in opposite directions). One is a favor/ consult for a neighbor and the other belongs to a flooring guy whith whom I may swap out some work later this winter. Wish I had some actual money jobs to look at, I haven't made any money since Wednesday.

I just heard on the radio that there is a tornado watch in effect for western Pasco county, that's on the north side of Tampa where Mr Sir lives. Hold on Brett!

My "clock" is off. After working odd ball hours from 3 in the pm until 2 in the am this has kind of messes me up being on vacation this week.

I have to finish up Mrs Smith's Caddy today,water pump,ugh.After that work on a few saws to take to Indiana Saturday and maybe attack that mountain of firewood that doesn't seem to be getting much smaller.

Good morming ya'll! Coming to ya'll live from the work notebook on the job. I'm at an install site and the earliest, at this rate, will be 2 PM before my partner and I can start our work on bringing the new machine live.

We're just sitting here making a paycheck doing nothing again. This could be a good day. :D

Yes, I really am that wide awake. :P Two 24oz coffees will do that.

V, surely we do. We are hand bombing three yards of pea gravel on to an area for a kids play spot. the paver job we did last week we also sectioned off an area with the landscape ties. Also we are putting in half a yard of garden soil then moving a few shrubs about. Should be back in the office after lunch to do up the tree report that I have been ignoring for the last few days.

V, surely we do. We are hand bombing three yards of pea gravel on to an area for a kids play spot. the paver job we did last week we also sectioned off an area with the landscape ties. Also we are putting in half a yard of garden soil then moving a few shrubs about. Should be back in the office after lunch to do up the tree report that I have been ignoring for the last few days.

I made a pea gravel play area for my ex-wife's in home daycare. It was around a swingset and other stuff. Don't remember the footage of the area... but it had to be a minimum uf 6" deep.

I moved 12 yards of the crap from the driveway to the back yard with a shovel and wheelbarrow...

I really started to hate pea gravel after that...:)

Gary

hearin that Gary, it wasnt bad for us though, 3 yards, two guys, 1.5 hours. we also did the topsoil, moved the shrubs and stuff, total time on site, 2.25 hours. its all good. just threw a pizza in the oven, helper of the day is entertaining hisself with my playstation as I return a couple calls then I will proceed to the living room and kick his arse at whatever game he chooses. :)

Good Morning, John and I are heading up to Islamorada to run an errand! Fantasy Fest is happeining in Key West. A big WILD party tonight.

http://images.google.com/images?q=Fantasy+Fest&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=images&ct=title

Yesterday, John did a quote down there, he spotted a 65 year old man with huge bat wings on and NOTHING else. Nekked. :whine: Not a pretty sight.

We have never been, just to many crazy things going on down there and way to many people. I think they expect 60 thousand.

Back