Fuel prices

There is a whole book written called 'Eat Right for Your Blood Type', one of the basic premises (and greatly paraphrased by me) is that Type O was the first, we'd go out, expend calories, hunt a wooly mammoth, kill eat and gorge, then starve for a while, and do it over again.
The A's came next and were more the ones who started to grow stuff so they didn't have to expend so much energy ranging around to hunt and deal with energy expensive kills.
Then B's and AB's...
Honestly the hubby and I can eat a whole leg of lamb at one sitting, my mum will make it last for three days.
I tend to eat lunch when working with my groundie, I can see her get twitchy if I lose track of time and just keep plodding along. we've got a deal, she can call time for lunch if I lose my head in the clouds.

EMS blood type yes! But anyone can be given type O Rh negative.
But give an A, B or AB , B or O, A or any combination that isn't a match or O-, BIG problem. Any of our ED, EMT experts can correct me if I've got is wrong!

The Marine Corps had my dad’s blood type wrong when he served from 66-70, with a tour in Vietnam. Glad he didn’t ever need blood. Not sure what he is and what his dogtags said.
According to the Army, I’m A-negative. I’m sure they definitely got it right, probably. ;)

I make everyone a breakfast at the house before work. Then pack a lunch. Its rare I get to buy a lunch anymore since we are not workin in or near town.
Same with breakfast.
So egg, ham/sausage and cheese muffins in foil to go with farm fresh eggs. Couple of sandwiches I often more eat on the way home. I will NOT come out of a tree for lunch. We rarely break for lunch. Today I ate a sandwich at 1:15. Another at 4. Only broke for three cups of coffee. Ate walling to the next mess with my saw.

O is universal donor, AB is universal recipient. I'm AB+. I've read all of the blood type books by Dr. D'Adamo. Very interesting reading.

If I got mad at a machine for running out of fuel, I'd be a fool.

I can't check the gauge or tank on a person. Only they can for themselves. Consequently, I tell people to take a food and water and whatever break whenever they want, for the amount of time they need, to keep going all day, steadily and safely.

I can't tell when and what they need.
I certainly don't want to hold people hands.

I can often tell when they have gone too long.

I can't always tell when I need something to top me up, having gone too long.

I ask them to watch out for me the same way as I try to watch out for them.

When people are having communication difficulties, it's frequently a time for a break and top up, IME.

The only fuel station that served breakfast and lunch and fried chicken went to shit. New owner. Food quality and serving size went to shit. Minimal staff. I wanted a snack for Lilly the other day and was told to help myself. Only one person running the whole show. Locals used to pickup chicken meals on their way home. Highest volume Chester Fried in the State. Now wont cook past 3pm. More often 2 pm. Raised food prices on smaller portions, fuel higher than else where. Fug em.
Might buy water. Chances are, out of coffee.

One of our gas stations has one of those automatic sausage hotdog roller things. Looks like a free pass to botulism to me. I'll pass thank you. Lol.
Oooooh… so usually places with roller dogs also have a chili and cheese dispenser machine. Our trick in high school was to put 2 dogs in one bun, and slather it with so much chili and cheese that the clerk can’t see.
Then there’s the meal deal that’s a dog, little bag of chips, and fountain drink, so all that excess chili cheese was then a dip for the Doritos.
Mid-day munchies before vocational school.

So because I'm A i need to eat a ton? Or often?
I just commented on what I've seen my close A type family and friends do...just like everything, what holds for some may not hold for others! That only three people out of several billion.
Mum, brother and groundie...they get the food gribbles if they don't eat lunch, it's quite noticeable :)
Now, if I skimp on breakfast, and it gets to around 2-3 pm...duck for cover.

I'm an O- and I usually work all day long with nothing but an energy drink for breakfast and a banana for lunch. My wife is a B+ and she goes off the rails without some food every two hours. And no, she's not fat. She's like a hummingbird. Constant frenetic energy.

I've read that lumberjacks cutting with axes and crosscut saws burned 8-9,000 calories a day in four meals, and I never saw a photo of a fat lumberjack.
I'm sure you were a lot more productive with a chainsaw, but I wonder if it was really that much less physically demanding?

Sorry, on topic, just paid tad over $2 a liter for no alcohol premium, at 4 1/2 liters that's $9 a gallon Canadian. More rake, less blower now. But it keeps the machine internals well.

I just saw a fuel review (Taryl fixes) with about 10 alkylate wanna be's name branded. The Stihl and original one on the market Aspen came out on top.

I had a 1k gallon tank delivered yesterday... there's minor savings to be had, but being able to fill up without going to the fuel station is the biggest advantage. rapple truck gets maybe 4mpg and has a 70 gallon fuel tank... a good way to need to go to the truck stop every full work day.
IMG_7691.jpeg

Gas stations are a huge time suck. I've got a small tank at my sawmill that I'm going to fill when I can get containment for it. I'll save the road tax and a lot of running around.

Back