Fuel prices

The road tax you can get back but you need receipts.

I would have to jump thru some hoops to get a 1000 gallon tank. Even a 500 gallon has red tape. I think the 1000 gallon would have to have a poured concrete fire bunker four foot high around it to be up to code.

I'm totally off road use, so I'd just get red fuel delivered. On farm seems to have some leniency, but I still want containment. The bottom of a concrete pump chamber seems to be the go to solution around here.

You don’t have to have external containment with a dual wall tank, which mine is.

You don’t need receipts to get federal tax credit for diesel burned off road, unless I’ve missed something for a while. I did buy a meter for the tank, it’ll be easier to keep track of my pump vs my mixed fill ups at fuel stations.

You don’t have to have external containment with a dual wall tank, which mine is.

You don’t need receipts to get federal tax credit for diesel burned off road, unless I’ve missed something for a while. I did buy a meter for the tank, it’ll be easier to keep track of my pump vs my mixed fill ups at fuel stations.
I was saying if you are burning on road diesel in an off road application you need receipts.

I just told the State forestry service that I'll have to up my prices by 10%
The place we log right now is 75 minutes from my home.
They just accepted tha, no problem.
Makes me think I'm not the first to do so.

Fuel isn't the real killer for me, it's the cost and availability of new(er) equipment. There are a few things I need to grow, like a telehandler and a decent truck.

But still. Holy moly.
Some folks need to read that though. Fuel surcharges coming to all your consumsables soon. Including food.
Then services.
Shit needs to happen.
Gonna be painful this lesson. Starving masses with nothing let to lose instigate change.
Can keeps getting kicked.
Bubbles eventually burst.
Pow.

Regular gas now anywhere from $3.80 - $5.00 a gallon. Can't find diesel anywhere cheaper than $5.99, with most stations now at $6.40+.

Let's Go Brandon!...

It jumped up here to somewhere over $4, but MD recently re instituted the state tax that was suspended for awhile.

Some of our legislators are trying to temporarily suspend our gas tax that was put into effect not long ago. Dem majority said no. They are still trying. Our Governor wants them. It's about to go up again as the tax was incremental over time.

According to a fuel industry tracking group here in NJ, the stations here are only allowed one price hike per day, but the refiners are sending out multiple messages per day about price changes (you know, because of Putin,..oh, f'ing please). The stations have to adjust to meet whatever the latest highest price is to pay for their next load, even if not close to what they'll actually pay. Unfortunately, their costs these days have all been astronomical, so they aren't really making out, even with the chaotic, mixed-message pricing notifications. I talk to the owner/mgr at 2 local stations about this every time I pull in (if they are priced right).

Back