Wood stove heat

Your firewood storage area looks sweet.

The white tank off to the right, just wondering, is that for gas?

We are currently in the temps at night where the fire is nice. Daytime is to warm still. My wife let it get way too warm today. I came home and had to open windows. I was sweating as I ate my ice cream🥵

Do the double one to maximize the heat output, you can also run pipes thru the top one as a heat exchanger with a blower and it'll damn near run you out. I had one we built that used a horizontal one and then a vertical one saddled on in the back that worked great, we even had a waste oil drip feeder on it once you got it going good. We had a tank above that led to a small valve, and a coil of tubing inside the stove at the top that heated the oil a bunch before it dripped onto the coals/ burning logs, that really cranked the heat out :lol:

This is the best time of year for a fire. Yea, when it's super cold out(I almost remember those days), a fire feels awesome, but when it's only chilly, I can run a fire without the blower. Having the blower on is like having a P51 in the family room with me. Almost have to wear my helmet and muffs in the house :^D

Exhaust header paint, chainsaw muffler paint. Wood stove paint can't tolerate the really high temps, it falls right off chainsaw mufflers often times.

Back