What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
Hmm it was in the mid 70's today, and the same is on tap for tomorrow, except with clouds in creasing and gusty conditions as the day progresses.

At least I can still weld outside, since I'm using flux-cored wire. :D

Some folks sell that flux core wire short. But it has its purpose.

Some folks sell that flux core wire short. But it has its purpose.

They are expecting 30-40mph gusts later in the day. MIG and TIG outside would be hard to impossible to do, unless you totally overkill it on shielding gas. Just wait till I pick up my free, "new to me" stick welder... I shall laugh at the wind when welding heavier stock. :/:

They're calling for another 10 - 15 cms of snow here tonight. It's getting frustrating! We have so much work on the books but it's hard to get to any of it because of the weather.

That which you speak of has made it here, all the way to Central/west Texas.

Stoke the fire more, open some Bailey's, and grind down my toenails 0.5 if an inch.

Natalie, I hear ya! I have had a number of residential trims postponed by the homeowners cuz they dont want me stopming their buried pansies etc. I packed in two jobs today instead of one so I can take tomorrow off and not feel guilty. sounds like rain by the end of the week so maybe we can get back to normal after that? Dancing around these storms is starting to get really old.

not as bad as Rborista's area but its still a PITA to work in. Tribal tree guy says hello, I hired him for a morning shift today to alter a Robinia.

Looking good Paul, I was wondering how you coasties were doing with the snow. I'm officially hibernating right now until it warms up friggin ridiculous.8)

Don't take this the wrong way guys but I'm glad to see the snow messing with others around the country. I've been buried for a month with no thoughts of trees, just plowing and plowing and plowing and plowing.

Was a blustery 60 degrees when I got up this morning and a horrendous 77 degrees when I got home from work this afternoon. The winds were howling at 3-5 mph and we had several inches of sunshine today.
:P

I know:D , slowed right down all of a sudden I used to live by the words 'if you're getting all your quotes you're bidding to low' but now I'm moving into the 'if you're not getting any of your quotes you're bidding to high'.:cry:

Nice pics Paul. I never thought I would be happy to hear rain in the forecast. Right now we just want some snow GONE!

Was a blustery 60 degrees when I got up this morning and a horrendous 77 degrees when I got home from work this afternoon. The winds were howling at 3-5 mph and we had several inches of sunshine today.
:P

Same awful weather over here, Brian. It takes a certain type of personality to be able to rough it out through these intense weather patterns without going insane.

Back