What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 493K
Was a blustery 60 degrees when I got up this morning and a horrendous 77 degrees when I got home from work this afternoon. The winds were howling at 3-5 mph and we had several inches of sunshine today.
:P

See, Skwerl is a little cocky, because Florida is coming off an unusually mild hurricane season. But, like they say, payback's a bitch.

No, James. We had an unusual season 2 years ago, but prior to that it had been almost 10 years since any tropical storm hit Orlando and almost 40 years since the last hurricane force storm hit Orlando (sometime in the 60's). So no hurricanes in Orlando is the norm. We just pay for it with 6 months of summer every year including 3.5 months of 90 degree temps every day.

Moon of bitter cold here.
-4 F this morn hasn't been above freezing in almost 5 days. White stuff everywhere. Historic Deweese lodge burned yesterday.Probably a field mouse set it in order to get some relief.

Still in the deep freeze a woppin +2F today should make it to 14 WOW lets go swimming.Bright blue sky good to see the sun.
See Ya
Mike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sunny blue skies here today and an awesome 30F, finally some warmer weather!

Wow, that's something you don't see everyday!

And it's heading you're way Butch! What was it 1985 when New Orleans got hit with the ice storm? Drove home in the middle of that with my folks. My sister lived there, shut the whole town down for three days!
Andy

Trees are covered in a layer of ice here in Tarry Town. Chainsaw is handy should things start letting loose. Though I doubt I can get the car door open with the layer of ice on it!!

Home office is great except for days like today.

Trees are covered in a layer of ice here in Tarry Town. Chainsaw is handy should things start letting loose. Though I doubt I can get the car door open with the layer of ice on it!!

Home office is great except for days like today.

Wow! Now that's something that doesn't happen often. I think I only remember two years that it snowed growing up in Austin.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
V,

I will see for myself if you are lying or not next week! :/:

The weather is lookin nice! Punta Cana DR is gonna be quite a bit warmer, so it will be nice to have a week to get used to the temp.

Now I just gotta shed some of this winter fat..........................:/:

Rborist, funny you should mention Punta Cana DR. John and I are tossing around the idea of going there this summer. Where do you stay? I have been looking at this place.

http://www.paradisuspuntacana.travel/

Back