What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
Might get to low 50's today, more rain after a couple of days of partly sunny and low 60's. Rain forecast for the rest of the week.

Weather's getting warmer, but it could be much worse. 70s and wet for the foreseeable future.

After a long dry spring we finally got rain yesterday.
My hayfield was starting to look like the Negev desert in fall.
Now I swear the grass has grown 3" since yesterday :)

Hasn't really gotten warm here yet. Had one day at 80, rest of the time mid 70's down to low 50's. Cool and wet out now, 58 degrees.

The weather is, in a word, unstable. It could be really nasty or holding off. But holding off for right now. Mid low 80’s shockingly dry as far as humidity is concerned.

Doing more vault work, this time replacing condensate lines. The steam is live so every pipe in there is 400 degrees or so, we dropped a thermometer in there and got 134 degrees just in the air :lol: so i plugged that into a calculator and got 155 heat index in there, needless to say we're only getting about 10 to 15 min before we gotta climb back out to cool off

Screenshot_20220613-123502_WeatherBug.jpg Screenshot_20220613-152729_Samsung Internet.jpg

Massive winter storm hit the state on Saturday night. One person died crushed by a tree, one injured. Lots of trees broken and blown over up north and north west, power was out for 8 hrs for us. Spent Sunday rigging down a huge fallen branch that had lodged just short of falling on water company hydrant. Today dismantling a huge section of macrocarpa that blew off the top of a tree, luckily into their garden, not out onto the road! A friend who lives about 100 kms away had their roof blown off, they are not the only ones. Probably the worst wind were katabatic, coming over the mountains and slamming down, it was windy here we are but not quite as bad. Some places still have no power two days later.
Cold!!! -4 c this morning

Our little local well got shut down and we got hooked up with a larger supplier.
So the price per cubic meter doubled.
So we set rain water collectors up at every roof.

Been a drought ever since.................wouldn't you just know it!

I want to say it's been a cool start to the season so far. There's been some shitty hot days, but overall, cooler. That reflects the trend of the last 15 years or so, but this year especially so I think. Maybe I'm just getting used to it, or get more worked up than necessary. Dunno... Still sucks. I've never pulled a tick off myself in January, and mosquitos are nowhere to be found. Also, no swarms of god damned mayflies like I had yesterday :^S

It was about 80° today, and very humid. 90s tomorrow, and 70s over the weekend.

Back