What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 480K
We're supposed to get the worse spring storm in decades starting overnight tonight into Friday. Very annoying. The robins just got here and it was starting to feel like winter was finally over. They're hyping it like it's going to be the Big One. 50cm of snow and high winds. Whoopee!!

Hot today where I was working. 78°. Next couple days will be warm, then it'll cool off a touch Friday. Grass is gonna have to be shortened soon. Probably one day next week :^(

Monday morning, it was freezing.Three days later, we turned in summer weather, all sweating just after a few minutes of work at 9AM !

The winds have died down Rich, Treebilly, is getting blown away about now. Crazy amount of wind yesterday. Just sustained 40 mph winds for hours, like 18 hours.

Surprise cool spell. Didn't get to 50° today. Did a couple jobs, but they were forecasting rain, so the boss went and did something else. I split and loaded some more cherry for the house. Hasn't really rained yet. Front porch is just about full. I'll have to start taking it around back. Got a fire going now. I thought fires were done for the season, but I got lucky :^)

Rainy this week.

I'm working on some driveway drainage, so it can be useful, in part.

Shop organizing type day, after lunch.

Two inches of snow on the ground this morning all gone now. I don’t think it got above 40 today and some wind in the afternoon. Snowing now.

Record high snows today here.
Guess we only needed more than 1/8” to beat the record though, so it’s not very impressive. Didn’t need to brush off the car or shovel. Glad we didn’t swap the snow tires off yet though.

Fantastic weather the last couple days. Been in the 50s. Windy yesterday, which was annoying, but it's an acceptable tradeoff for the nice weather.

Windy patch and significant rain at the moment. Piles of golden leaves blowing into the driveway and all along the main street.
Fire is on now, probably will be from now until spring.

Rain and cool here. Won't be out of the 50s this weekend. I should probably be happy about that, but it means summer's gonna stick around forever at the end of the season, per recent history. I'd call this a fairly typical spring of the last ten or so years for temperature and precipitation.

Back