What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 468K
Yeah, this morning, more down trees pushed off the roads. I am so sick of down tree calls. People in total disbelief you cant even see them till June. Like they are the only ones that have issues.

Regionally I haven't seen this much snow fall this late in the year since 1973, which locally laid more snow at the time than what you see going now, but then its not over yet.

Could be climate change, I spect.

Since snow = water, that is a good thing, or?

Since snow = water, that is a good thing, or?
Problem, when it comes, the trees don't need it at this time, because either they haven't their leaves or it's too cold anyway to work much (for the leafy ones). Then the snow melts and the water drains away. The last bits of the abundance disappears within some weeks after a few hot windy days. When the trees wake up, they are rapidly starving and their effective growing season at full potential is very short.

It was too warm the last couple days, but really nice today(55° and sunny). I should have done outside stuff, but didn't. More good weather coming up though.

20210318_123139.jpg
Since I really jammed out an "all day" job in 2hrs and was told to go home and get paid for 10hrs I rushed home and treated myself to the first lawn work of the year 2021. The ground has such a drainage problem that many places I couldn't run my commercial Honda walk behind as it was leaving ruts. I did a string trim of the entire lawn raked and then used the mower/ bagger to pickup clippings. It really wasn't supposed to be anything other than a deluge yesterday but I managed to get it all done in a 3hr cloud break.

Ugh, grass shortening season's getting close :^( I need to get some Ubolts to try to fix the front axle on my tractor. The iron bar I was gonna use is AWOL. Not sure what I did with it. If it doesn't turn up, I'll try using a form pin I have.

Been raining all week, not real heavy here but big rain over on the coast. All roads to the coast are blocked, main highway to Sydney is open but you wouldn't want to be going there.

Floods everywhere and more rain to come yet. Good reason to live up here, might get cold but can never flood.

Snowed 5 days ago. Yesterday and today are sunny, dry, and in the low 60's. Trilliums are popping up and blooming. Nice.

Supposed to rain and be in the 40's in a couple more days. Not as nice :).

Spring in the PNW.

Chilly today, but not that chilly. It was ~40° and sunny. Might have the last fire of the season going tonight. 50s tomorrow, then 60s for the limit of the forecast.

Nice weather for a change, but the temp goes up and down. Full spring now, but some snow should come wednesday.

Foggy and cold this morning. Sunny and warm this afternoon. Mile or two in from the beach anyway.

Shoulders and neck are sure sore today. Stayed in my jamies all day. Yesterday I raked and pitchforked a mountain of pine needles and duff to feed a control burn. Trying to reduce fuel around the house. California fire season coming soon to a locale near you.

Back