What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
Wow. I never would've guessed that for Michigan. Along the Great Lakes I assume the clime is coastal.

Speaking of popcorn farts it looks like another drought year for California. Locally, to date, less than half of normal rainfall. Only about 20 inches. Although, between April and May I have seen local streams and rivers reach flood stage. Records over the last 140 years show 10 more inches could fall in the region before June. Such is California weather. Feast or famine.

Lucky me living in the northern coastal range, the immediate coast. Nice and cool and damp. Fires happen here but they never rage. The lighting complex fire of 08, over 600 strikes on the north coast alone, were let go by the State to burn themselves out naturally, as all resources were diverted to protect infrastructure and metropolitan areas.

Just another day in the heartbeat of a redwood.

We normally get a lot of moderation from the lake here. I'm ~23 miles from the shoreline.

Had about 1/2 the average snowfall this year, and a dryer than usual summer last year. This is the first year I recall not hearing of any ice dams forming on the rivers & flooding places. It's usually an annual event.

That snow looks great. Warm today. About 70° and sunny. Made the grass shorter for the first time this year. My new to me pushmower seems to work pretty well, but it's harder than the rider. We'll see what happens when it's hot as shit, and the air just hangs there. The grass didn't absolutely need cutting, but there were some longish patches, and rain's coming. That shit can get out of hand quick this time of year, so I figured I should get it while I could.

Low 70's here by Lake Ontario. 80 in Buffalo. We had little snow or rain over the winter following a very dry summer and a pretty dry fall. I guess drought conditions are already happening in areas close by. Too hot for the fruit growers to. Last year the peaches and cherries froze out. Could happen again this year.

70° would be a great temperature for the middle of August. Too early for that now. I'm too old to move at this point, but if something happened to this house, I'd consider heading up to Maine. I also really like Austin's pics of Alaska. I've thought northern Finland would be a sweet place to live, but it looks like Alaska has all of that, and much more.

Started foggy and drizzley, but cleared up ok. Warm and humid out. I was expecting more rain, so I didn't do laundry. They were calling for sun on Monday, so I figured I'd do it then, and hang it up before work. Now it's cloudy and rain Monday. Looking like Wednesday is the next potential wash day :^/ Glad I made the grass shorter a couple days ago. It's really growing as I suspected it would.

Day started with fairly heavy rain. Took a nap this morning, and woke up to the sun shining. Did laundry at 12:30, so hopefully it'll get dry enough. Saves me hassle of doing it later in the week. 74° out. That's 4° past hot. Week's not looking bad so far...

evHTXSV.png

Back