What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Nasty weather, both Jim's and Tom's. Downright dangerous to be out in.

The forecast cold front for here must have stalled out some...hasn't gotten as cold as expected, though the freezing rain/snow mix is still due tomorrow.

Feels warm outside. I went out to get more firewood, and said "screw it". I'll let the fire burn out, and start it again some time tomorrow.

40 degrees and light rain right now at 10:45 pm. Just got back from the company Christmas party. Gonna be frigid when we wake up.

Lake seems to be buffering the temps well so far. 11 f and just a couple inches of snow.

Only slightly less than normal traffic on highway behind house. Looks to be about 10 mph reduction from normal speed.

Basically still waiting for the big storm...

Last edited:
Hot (relatively) and plenty of rain. My parking place for my van turned to a mess again, even with the gravel put in previously. I guess I have to be more serious about it and do a real prep during the good days

A few days of summer are on the way, high 20s then 31, 31C for next week.
Fire permits have come on, won't take long for all the grass to cure in these temps.
Nice to have similar weather for Christmas as what I grew up with, sunny, just warm enough to contemplate a swim, then say nope.

A few days of summer are on the way, high 20s then 31, 31C for next week.
Fire permits have come on, won't take long for all the grass to cure in these temps.
Nice to have similar weather for Christmas as what I grew up with, sunny, just warm enough to contemplate a swim, then say nope.
Swim!!!! Are you part of the polar bear club!!? Lol
I get it you are near the opposite side of the planet and all. But there is no open water anywhere close aside from Lake Michigan that does not require a chainsaw to open.

Last edited:
Looks similar to what we have coming down here in the armpit, Dave. Warm up by that fireplace/stove as needed.

Back