What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 480K
Yes it is cold. We've got work coming this winter on the roof of where I'm working, it's gonna be miserable :lol: we are tig welding tho so we hopefully will hooch up.

Getting chilly here. Late start tomorrow since it’s supposed to be low singles in the AM. My report says around 10* but the bosses says differently. I’ll probably move some logs before work or move another tote of firewood into the garage. Or maybe I’ll sleep in a few hours.

I'll likely toss an electric heater in, I've been known to bring my own creature comforts as much as possible. Just getting out of the wind is absolutely huge tho. Here's one a damn good laborer whipped up in a pinch for a condensate line repair. They dug it, pushed rebar stakes in the ground, used some old plastic conduit for the hoops, and tented it overnight. With the exposed lines it was so warm in here we had to leave the door open. He was the same guy who taught me to burn gas and not ass, lol it's exactly right too.

20160111_131413.jpg
20160111_125936.jpg

Here was another really good one built with scaffold. They even built a bar above it so you could pick it up with the forks and move it around.

Screenshot_20220120-213427_Photos.jpg

Looks like it got to 23° today. Pleasant working weather cause no wind to speak of. I'd have climbed at my office job, but the next time I go up, I want it to be in my new saddle(supposed to be here Sunday). I need to take my 362 to work and hide it. It would have been a good day to fall some snags, but I don't want to use my poulans. They'd do the job, but I'm tired of them. I have a nice set of good saws, but it seems like I'm always running a poulan. My 661 is there, but it's way overkill for the job.

It was fairly warm today. Might have been 34°. I was hot working on that tree. It was snowing very lightly off and on all day. Disappeared almost immediately. Getting more snow now, and temps are supposed to crash for tomorrow.

Spot's in her cathouse. That thing pleases me no end. Aside from food, I don't seem to have a great track record picking what animals want. I'll get something for the cats, and they say "Meh...". That cathouse is the second best I could have given her, with the first being letting her into my house(can't do that with the two kittiots I already have). So she's dry, and about as comfortable as you can get being outside without external heating. She's spending more time here now, so it should keep the mice down even better. I also like having her follow me around the yard when I get wood or whatever. Nailed it for change :^)

28c, arms are getting brown, even broke out the shorts and flip flops.
I call it warm here when you can sit in the shade in a breeze in shorts and not be chilly. Happens for about a week or two, but not consecutive days. 😁

Back