What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Corn polenta...............is there any other kind?

Looks fine, except for those dead, non-kosher, shellfish things.

I love Polenta.
Make it the Swiss way, with cheese.
I put a LOT of ratatouille in the freezer, that just goes so well with polenta in winter. Gives you that little taste of last summer.

Did a large batch last week and will have to do another this week, about 20 pds.
Also, the tomatoes are ripening fast, so another 20 pds of sauce for the freezer.

Stuffed eggplant.

I planted 3 types of eggplant this year, a striped one, a white japanese one and a black one called Syrian Stuffing eggplant.

So I figuredI'd try to stuff it.

Turned out to be a good idea, as my wife really liked it.
She is not as fond of eggplant as I am.

I had eggplant parm Friday. The Friday night dinner at my friend's farm was chicken parm, but they usually have a vegetarian option, and I don't eat chicken. It was very good, I think the mozzarella was even freshly made.

Two jalapeño/cheddar sausages. Got some whole grain horseradish mustard from a farm today when I stopped in for eggs, and put that on it. It's ok, but not what I really look for in mustard. Flavor's good, but kinda sweet. I like absolutely no sugar, and very... fiery? Whatever you call that horseradish/mustard... burn? Kind of weird thing isn't it? People call it "hot", but that isn't exactly right. Pretty unique experience.

Tomato soup.
I'm making a lot for the freezer, so we ate one portion right away.

Cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic and herbs baked for 40 minutes at high heat, then tossed in the blender.
My favourite recipe for tomato soup.

For freezing I just bag it up, then blend it when thawed out.

Having 4 days off work and I've been doing a bit of cooking with the camp oven.

Family have been enjoying the cooking. I find it relaxing and something to do to break up the day. Planning to cook for date night soon

I just made spam and cheese sandwiches, The bread was organic rosemary sourdough from wegmans. I saw it over the weekend, and picked it up. It was expensive as hell; $3 for a half loaf(8oz), but it's really good. I kinda wanted bread, but didn't want to invest in a whole loaf of anything. I've been pretty bad lately about buying bread and throwing half of it out when it gets moldy. I'll get it again. Not really losing money when you aren't throwing it out, and it's less wasteful. I can start getting full loaves again if I start eating more bread.