What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Maybe in your markets it is called basa. It's farm raised in SE Asia, mostly Vietnam. Fresh water, mild flavor, white flesh. To my palate, it's similar to fresh water catfish. It comes frozen, in vacuum sealed bags. Keeps well, and is super easy to use in a lot of ways. Affordable, too.

Basa/swai is available in most Asian markets, as well as on the menu in most SE Asian (Vietnamese, Malaysian, Thai, etc.) restaurants around here. A little softer than catfish, IMO, but comparable as Burnham described.

Vanilla icecream and the last wineberries of the season...

IMG_20210718_183335.jpg

When does an "invasive" become "naturalized"? I love wineberries. They taste good, and bugs don't seem to get on them like other berries. That might be concerning if I gave it much thought, but they taste too good to worry about it. :^P

The tomatoes had really ripened while I'd been away, so I picked all the red varieties and made about 4 gallon of sauce.
We'll have spaghetti tonight with a salad.
I love this time of the year when I can cook entire dinners with stuff from the garden, greenhouse and tunnel.
Only thing not homegrown is the Parmesan cheese.
Tomorrow I'll use some for lasagne and the rest goes in the freezer.

I'm not in the habit of taking pictures of my dinner, but being called a slacker kinda hurts, so here goes.

I found an intesresting recipe about a new way to make ratatouille.
Make a spicy tomato sauce ( The tomatoes are threatening to take over here, I hear them mumbling about invading Sudetenland, when I water them) then slice the zucchini, eggplant, red onion, bell pepper and tomatoes and layer them on to, standing up.
Some fresh purple basil on top.

Looks gorgeous but I prefer the original way.
Served with a salad from the garden, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and grilled artichoke. Some Greek goats milk Feta and caper berries on top.

Does this take me out of the slacker category?

If not, maybe the 20 pds of traditional Ratatouille I'm making for the freezer today will.

P1080366.JPG

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmmmm................I obviously need to work on my picture taking, if I want to compete.

Looks alright to me, although the top and left cheese could be arranged better.

I don't really have time to post dinner pictures, it's a bit of a rush these days. I used to, so not much point these days the menu hasn't changed much.

And being called an OCD gets tired. But work on the cheese Stig.