What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

A bag of chips and a locally grown IPA at the airport in Bergen, Norway.
Gotta say, Norway is getting good with micro brews.
Norwegian "beer" used to be like "Miller lite".

Gratineed Fennel, fried potatoes with herbs and a leafy green salad with cukes and tomatoes.
Everything home grown.
That was the first day this year, when we could pull that off.

So satisfying, I swear it makes the food taste even better :)

We're not there yet, Stig...but last night's salad featured cherry tomatoes and siberian kale. And it does taste better :).

I've driven past a Napoli's pizza restaurant whenever I'm near belpre Ohio
Since I started driving in 1984 just never had occasion to stop it's out of the way for me IMG_20230714_155127.jpg
Buy I work nearby now and stopped in.
It was very good
Probably the best pizza especially for 10.00
my friends really liked it
They are wanting me to pick more up
Next week.

When I make pizza, I do it the way they do at the Amalfi coast in Italy, where pizza originated.
Very thin dough and not a lot of topping.
My favourite is thin sliced potatoes, French goat cheese and fresh rosemary.
Usually I'll put sliced Kalamata olives on top, If I can't find any, I'll smear Tapenade on top of the dough.

Made an alternative version today!!! 20230723_175806.jpg 20230723_181327.jpg

Last edited:
Very thin dough and not a lot of topping.
Stig...I think you need to reassess your topping situation. That would qualify as a lot of toppings where I'm from. Having said that, it looks delicious and I applaud you on your pizza authenticity. When I make a pizza, it is admittedly frozen haha

Today I ate canned mini ravioli, a Slim Jim, I drank orange juice and about one gallon of water purified via reverse osmosis. Pretty lame, I know, but I'm keeping it honest! heh heh I even ate the ravioli cold, straight out of the can like a Viking.

I don't normally dine like such a heathen, but when I do...I do it right. =^D

Had steak and pasta salad last night. Trying to think of what I did wrong to deserve steak. She knows I hate beef in any form unless it’s burger.

Far as I know, the Vikings didn't eat Ravioli.
Unless they were doing a rape, burn and pillage in Italy, of course.

Had steak and pasta salad last night. Trying to think of what I did wrong to deserve steak. She knows I hate beef in any form unless it’s burger.
You serious? People talk up steaks, and I couldn't give two shits, and especially wouldn't want to pay the price when I'd rather have a bacon cheeseburger anyway. I always feel like I'm the only one in the world :^D It's been decades since I had steak. Burgers, cheesesteaks, hotdogs, and pit beef is about the limit of my beef consumption.

All this hating on steaks has me questioning whether we can be friends or not.

Ain’t nothing finer than a well seasoned ribeye prepared rare to medium rare with sautéed onions and shrooms, side of asparagus and garlic mashed taters, washed down by proper ale or bold yet fruity red wine.

Pasketty, meatballs, sautéed peppers and onions for dinner.

Far as I know, the Vikings didn't eat Ravioli.
Unless they were doing a rape, burn and pillage in Italy, of course.
It's a turn of phrase, sir. How does one turn a phrase? Don't ask this guy. But, seriously, you don't think the Vikings liked Chef Boyardee? Blasphemy! You also forgot to include "loot." The Vikings very well may have looted for ravioli.

Lots of sarcasm here. =-D

Last edited: