What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Prime rib in on schedule for Monday. Hope I don’t F it up. First time using the smoker
BBB0DD5A-12E6-45EC-8479-662F84D2370A.jpeg
Used up some mashed taters tonight to go with a pepper steak the wife did n the crock pot
54808871-2958-4905-A4E3-6D01B663FA41.jpeg
Turned out ok. Don’t know why I just couldn’t reheat them as they were but happy wife.....

My mother sometimes makes fried mashed taters. I like them a lot, especially since mashed is probably my least favorite tater style.

So far tonight I've had aldi candycane cookies. Think Oreos with bits of candycane in the cream. Also had some nuts. I should probably eat some real food :^D

Left over breakfast stuff from yesterday morning. Eggs, bacon, 2 different kinds of sausage, peppers, onions, and some spices. Just kinda fried it all up with a stick of butter. Also got a new toaster for Christmas so we finally had some toast that wasn’t burnt.

I made a potato, mushroom amd spinach pie.
Was going to put chunks of Turkish goat feta cheese in it, but ran out of room.
So I blended the Feta with some sour cream, and we had it op top instead.

That worked really well, will bve the new pie topping here.

Stig is currently worshiping the ceramic goddess...but he'll recover.
:D

I'm going to dry rub and fast sear a couple of little yellowfin steaks. Brown rice, and a big salad. It'll do.

Last edited:
Damn that looks good man!

Looked up a bunch of recipes to try while I'm resting, including but not limited to homemade egg rolls and crab rangoons, chicago style pizza, sweet and sour chicken, and possibly even some homemade cheese. Did our regular pizza tonight, man those are good.

Those look great!
Was it a lot of work? Seems like every place I’ve been too that sells or serves sushi and rolls has a dedicated chef for it, usually a guy from Japan that only has one job at the restaurant or store.

Yeah, was quite a bit of work but great fun! As silly as it sounds, its very therapeutic, a bit like splicing😄. Addictive trying to get them all perfectly circular.
Probably took about an hour to clean and boil the rice the cut everything up. Put a bit of Smoked Salmon in the middle and some onion, cucumber and Pepper. Was really good. Surprisingly filling as well. Maybe that was me nibbling on the ingredients though😄

We had a buffet i went to a few times a week for lunch for several years, we developed a relationship where they would seat us immediately, get a drink order and we were off, and then run our cards while we were eating so we could take off when we needed to. They had a dedicated sushi section, and from repeated proper tipping the chef would see me come in, a motion was made, and he made my favorites fresh right for me lol. Good fresh sushi is amazing, and we even have a poke bowl place here that is to die for. I guess in Japan it's an actual apprenticeship, where they make nothing but rice for the entire first year.

That Kale-bean thing looked really good, Stikine.
I'll give it a try.

@Burnham, this doesn't happen often, but you TOTALLY lost me with that Ceramic Goddess, thing.

Are you referring to my ceramic sharpening "steel"?

I think he meant that TreeBilly’s rare roast was going to make you throw up on sight. Ceramic goddess = toilet I think.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, gotcha!

Thanks.

We call that talking on the big telephone.
That obviously daytes back to wall mounted telephones, doesn't make much sense today.

Flank steak tenderized and rolled/ beat flat, then rolled up with a bunch of lobster and cream cheese and whatever else she put in it, not really sure but the kitchen smells good :)
Seared on each side, then baked for a while, and top with this sauce that has a bunch of butter, garlic, and white wine. Also some cheddar and bacon mashed cauliflower stuff that I love.
6BC1DE57-90C9-4190-AA28-E6A237746DAC.jpeg