Tree felling vids

I remember at first he wanted to be anonomous but then was working at the Arb show as he designed that Dmm or ISC crazy pulley, winch, lowering combo.

was happy to be known then.

This one.

Be my luck the damn twig would hold a thousand pounds of pull :).

That twig trick look pretty cool. It is back to front for my style though. I use a 60m rope. Pull through as much as I need for redirects and to complete the job at hand. The rest stays in the bag at the base tie side of the climbing rope.

Going back a ways, 1996, I had the pleasure to meet Denny Marsden Moorhouse (DMM) at TCI Expo in Charlottesville, N.C., and continued to enjoy his acquaintance at following shows through the early 2000s.

How's Denny doing these days? Anybody?

I used that twig trick yesterday. It worked well. I was able to pull the bag of rope to me at about 30 ft., do what I needed to do and then lower it back down and just before it got to the ground I had to snap the bag up about 3 or 4 times and finally the twig broke.

Attachments

• 20210411_190642.jpg
    20210411_190642.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • 20210411_190634.jpg
    20210411_190634.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 20210411_190658.jpg
    20210411_190658.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 20
Hahaha... You noticed that huh? I don't think I've ever done that before so it was the first for me. Kind of interesting... Had to tie it off and be mighty particular with it obviously. I was removing some limbs that squirrels were using the access the power lines and that were going to be a problem eventually just with their growth. But there was no good way to get out where I needed to to make cuts so I had to use the pole saw to reach over.

Y'all will have to tell me... How many folks take a power pole saw up in a tree?

Once every 5 years or so. Take one up in bucket maybe once a year.

Interesting... Like I said I've never done it before. It can certainly be a pain trying to maneuver it with a lot of limbs around you.

I reached out of tall Firs to top a big dead madrone by Stihl Kombisystem pole chainsaw, with one metal and 2 carbon fiber extensions in the last year. PITA

A very few dead trees and storm work is all.

Maybe once had the polesaw up in a tree.
I bought a battery polesaw for using out of the bucket, just a 2m fixed length...using a petrol stihl polesaw was just too heavy too long and too awkward

Fi , you get a pass, because little folk like you and I can walk out on tiny wood to deal with stuff like this directly :).

Truth be told, figuring out how to load a small branch from the side, or even from underneath, to get way out there...that's the mark of a really talented climber. We've all seen that even larger climbers, with the requisite skills, can do it.

And it is a beautiful thing to behold.

Back