The Official Work Pictures Thread

The idea to have a hook in two parts doesn't make me really comfortable. Like Kyle, I'd be worried to side load the knuckle.

Nice job!
You don’t chip brush, just haul it?
I never drop spars on brush as it gets chipped as it is produced. Looks like a very effective ground protection system. I will sometimes lay mats down with wood on top

My hip has been weak for going on 20 years so I couldn't work on a jobsite like that. I always need to keep the mess somewhat organized so I can walk around without busting my ass tripping on limbs. Like Paul, clean up as you go.

Oh my dear goodness! How would everyone I know not put me on ignore 24-7! Forgiveness brothers! Only thing that can keep the inbred going. On that note, I got to get two trainees up there today. Sent Julio up a 130’ Cedar, but it was just way too much tree for him and I had to go up and finish it. Jordan easily got his 146 foot Hemlock on the ground and in fairly decent time.I was an absolute moron for ever trying to fall the stem from the Cedar as the pictures will reveal. It tried to barber chair a bit, and then during the cut, it wobbled every way but the right way until the stem, by sheer good luck, finally toppled into the shot.

0496865A-C050-4B82-A339-DDFC132AD84A.jpeg 37CC973D-985D-4A96-A858-DCD06C49C00B.jpeg F4B595B6-B67F-47CA-BA6C-B83B97F3C6DB.jpeg 277E3ECA-DD2D-4B8B-995D-705AE8B0E46D.jpeg
View attachment IMG_4065.MOV
View attachment IMG_4070.MOV

Nice, Jed.

Re Julio and his tree- it brings to mind something i learned while coaching youth lacrosse- ya gotta give em "the right size challenge". It's true of course in many facets of life.

Jed has a neat way of working.
If it wasn't for the "we want no foreigners" rules that have been put in effect to keep muslims out and make every one else collateral damage, I'd try to entice him to come over and fell some hardwoods with me.

Back