The Official Work Pictures Thread

Never had a problem with snow and chipper. Apart from skidding of the road getting onsite.

I don’t recall a time that snow stopped the chipper from working. We don’t usually machine feed them though.

Most snow is from the BS pile just under the feed table. I haven’t had an issue with the bc1500 but my old bc1400 would plug up just looking at snow.

Reactions: Jed
I did some storm work up in NC many many years ago back in my climbing days, and I had a hell of a time identifying deadwood versus live limbs (early winter, no snow yet). I cut a hell of a lot of 'deadwood' that was green inside!

This hook for use with tubular webbing sling is awesome. For idk 20 years I’ve been using shackles/Clevis with steel cables which was fine but this hook combined with webbing for crane work is a serious time and energy saver. Today took down 2 big maples an a huge oak in 8 hours, this hook probably saved a half hour. That’s a beefy savings imo.
01E077D4-87A3-46CB-AD52-AF7FAF09F957.jpeg

Last edited:
This hook for use with tubular webbing sling is awesome. For idk 20 years I’ve been using shackles/Clovis with steel cables which was fine but this hook combined with webbing for crane work is a serious time and energy saver. Today took down 2 big maples an a huge oak in 8 hours, this hook probably saved a half hour. That’s a beefy savings imo.
View attachment 117695
Details. A quick Google search was unsuccessful. Spill it.

On that Reg Coates video that's just been making the rounds here lately, I noticed he had a blue web choker taking a large chunk with a crane. Looks like he's using big webbing also.

Back