The Official Work Pictures Thread

I spent 12 hours thursday felling trees along a very trafficked dirt road.
Møns Klint get some 750 000 visitors a year, most in the 3 summer months.
I had the forwarder with the felling head with me to push them over and 2 guys to direct traffic.
We felled some 75 trees that day.
The pictures are from another day, when we removed some trees near a house.
That machine has excellent control, can hold a tree while I put in face and backcut and then push it over as the last picture shows.
It can reach 10,5 meters up and cut 70 centimeters diameter stuff. P1080372.JPG P1080378.JPG P1080380.JPG P1080382.JPG P1080391.JPG

Working that close to a machine, one really has to be vigilant, so at the end of the day I was dead on my feet.

Thais dog has a clause in his Møn contract that states he gets to go to the beach EVERY day after work, if it is not raining.
So that is what we did.
The forwarder driver suggested I stop at the local brewery and buy a cold beer to enjoy at the beach.
So that is what I did.

P1080395.JPG P1080398.JPG P1080397.JPG P1080400.JPG P1080404.JPG

Knee fully recovered then?

Nope, I'm gimping around.
With us logging some of the steepest ground in the country, I often find myself thinking of your post about putting off the inevitable.
in 2½ years i'm eligible for state pension, gotta hold on till then.

Not sure if you're joking about guaranteed access with the land manager, or a deal between you and the dog.

Just a joke about me and Thais, but I have been told by the owner of the castle that I can let Thais run free all over his land and if anybody complains, just refer them to him.
The family are quite taken with him, because he is so well trained, their daughter who is studying to become a veterinarian, has said she want a Berger Blanc Suisse like him, when she finishes her studies and moves down to Møn.
So he is having a fine time down there.
And will be for some time.
The asshat forester just pulled the same stunt he did in -18 and doubled the amount we have to log.
So I'll be down there for a couple of months more.

If you’re knocking out 12 hours days felling there’s life in the old dog yet.

Normally we do 4 10 hour days and 3 day weekend, that day we simply had to finish, because the forwarder was needed elsewhere.

None.
We start at first light, which right now is 5AM and go on till 3PM with 2 20 minute breaks.
Saws are running the whole time, except for when we have to sharpen.

The new apprentice goes to bed right after dinner, tuesday he skipped dinner and went straight to bed after a shower and a sandwich.

Back