The Official Work Pictures Thread

Even that side tear out of that huge top at 2:15 that rips down into his lanyard...no harm, no foul, I guess. But that was his only point of protection...which I have seen is standard for him.

I believe that has been mentioned before- he made little kerfs on each side of the tree below the hinge to stop the tearing at that point. Not sure why he wouldn't make them a bit higher to prevent the tears from extending below the lanyard.

Jed would approve of the single point of attachment !

I think they make them that low because of something special about the eucalyptus tree, making them higher lead to less control or something. He explained it once on here somewhere... and he uses double lanyards usually.

True.

But Double lanyards frequently placed together as one, instead of separated to spare one from damage if the higher one is cut, iirc

Block at the top and bottom of the spar, line snubbed off on the mini's BMG bollard. Sven made a snap cut with a little face, and I backed up fast. Basically plucked the top off, and it swung over. Then lowered off the BMG bollard until It was at ground height, limbed what I could, repeat.

Block at the top and bottom of the spar, line snubbed off on the mini's BMG bollard. Sven made a snap cut with a little face, and I backed up fast. Basically plucked the top off, and it swung over. Then lowered off the BMG bollard until It was at ground height, limbed what I could, repeat.

Thanks for the explanation...cool idea...new to me.

Both saws have paid for themselves a few times over and I like to keep my equipment clean and in good mechanical working order. I have a STIHL tach with Velcro on the bottom that secures it to the saw for tuning purposes ... 572xp torqer is auto tune so it does what it does

I'm not too particular about my saws. Knock the chunks off when I'm done, but that's about it.

I too like to keep my saws clean, and well cared for. Occasionally I'll detail them. It's kinda nice running a new saw all the time. Stihls tend to stay so clean because they hardly oil, so the sawdust doesn't stick much, but at the same time, being white, they scuff up and discolor quick. I also like to keep saws in the shade to prevent fading and gas boiling.

DSC04411 (1024x768).jpg

DSC04416 (789x800).jpg

DSC04412 (1024x768).jpg

DSC04413 (832x1124).jpg

Little work

Well ... that’s one way to go about it , I’m not a huge proponent of this method for an everyday worksaw though , especially IF you want it to last ... Race/pipe saw is a different story , a better way is to cut off the top of the cylinder and make a head out of aluminum if ultra speed is what you are after ... lotta work

Well ... that’s one way to go about it , I’m not a huge proponent of this method for an everyday worksaw though , especially IF you want it to last ... Race/pipe saw is a different story , a better way is to cut off the top of the cylinder and make a head out of aluminum if ultra speed is what you are after ... lotta work
You don't know what kind of a taper/angle I cut. It's not much, but just enough to relieve some pressure so it's not all getting squished at once. The one cylinder is a 028, they already have a tiny chamber/ wide squish band, I didn't cut it much.

Back