The Official Work Pictures Thread

Minimal ?? Please expand for my curiosity

I am a firm believer that you have to get back out there as soon as possible and just by the virtue that you are moving forces the body to heal.

That and the fact I’m the only one that can run the crane😜

Its NOT their crane that has issues.

A 19 year old just almost died there, recently.

They will have more incidents.

Accidents waiting to happen.

Whoa..... (know anything more about that?)

It's been over 10 years since a groundie was killed by a falling chunk. Years later, I got the details from the climber, a good guy and now a tree service owner. The guy was whacked out..ran under the tree after being told to stay clear, and did so from a position where he was tough to see, if at all. About that same time, Josh took a 65' fall (He's had two more, over the years) and Patrick, who worked for me and now has his own biz and is doing very well, bounced a log into the side of a house (minor damage)

Yrs ago, Brian (you met him on the big sequoia job) was working for Eastside a bit, within a yr or three of when Matt Rengo started up. He told Matt I had a GRCS, who then rented it from me a time or two. Over the years, he's really grown...but has been known for overworking his guys, caring more about the almighty dollar than he should..... to his credit, he has been doing better work, and getting training for his crews......

Couple pics from Friday… like Presidio days again.. it was so coldfoggy and sweaty…

I have MTW to go next week.

Thank Heavens for SRT
Five climbers, one tree, 6 hours… Lordy.

Wow, what a beast of a Monterey cypress, eh?!!

Whoa..... (know anything more about that?)

It's been over 10 years since a groundie was killed by a falling chunk. Years later, I got the details from the climber, a good guy and now a tree service owner. The guy was whacked out..ran under the tree after being told to stay clear, and did so from a position where he was tough to see, if at all. About that same time, Josh took a 65' fall (He's had two more, over the years) and Patrick, who worked for me and now has his own biz and is doing very well, bounced a log into the side of a house (minor damage)

Yrs ago, Brian (you met him on the big sequoia job) was working for Eastside a bit, within a yr or three of when Matt Rengo started up. He told Matt I had a GRCS, who then rented it from me a time or two. Over the years, he's really grown...but has been known for overworking his guys, caring more about the almighty dollar than he should..... to his credit, he has been doing better work, and getting training for his crews......
As best i recall, he wasn't trained to and tested to be able terminate his climb line to a biner or snap.

Something like a half- hitch instead of a scaffold knot.

3rd hand info, IIRC, @Jed mentioned the cause.

Reactions: Jed
As best i recall, he wasn't trained to and tested to be able terminate his climb line to a biner or snap.

Something like a half- hitch instead of a scaffold knot.

3rd hand info, IIRC, @Jed mentioned the cause.

Thanks. Way back in 1995, I did the same thing. It was early on in my (and industry) adaptation of new climbing techniques. I was distracted and improperly tied a scaffold knot..The tree was a large cedrus. Josh climbed it first and set my line. I jumped on it and started footlocking, as best I could, as I was wearing Wesco lineman boots. At about 30 feet, the knot rolled out. Climbed back into the tree, but had to quit when I realized my ankle was quite messed up. Small break at the inner ankle bulge required a pin.

Sean is absolutely correct. A couple of guys who no longer work at Eastside “trained,” Tyson Sherrill, who now, by the grace of God is miraculously in the Navy. They sent him up a big fir tree, and then held all of their iPhones up to video him. He didn’t want to look like an idiot, but he somehow forgot the anchor hitch. The boys said, but take this with a grain of salt, that he tied a half hitch instead. OSHA measured his fall at 62 feet. The part that I can’t get over, for I actually knew him, was how he could have thought that he was OK on a granny knot. Who knew that video cameras pointed at a guy could be a very bad thing?

My manager showed me the video of his fall. The boys said he left an 18 inch depression in the duff. The foreman didn’t know what was going on, and only stopped what he was doing because he heard a rather resonant “THUD,” sound. I have absolutely no idea how that kid is alive today, let alone in the Navy. Glory to God.

Not sure about your pines there but if you do that to a pine tree around here it will drip sap from every cut forever. In 2-3 years you will be back to cut all those pine trees down.

Back