The Official Work Pictures Thread

Would love to have checked out Andrey's latest few pics/vids, but evil Fakebook wants me to log in first. May have to finally acquiesce and register for the biz. :X:X:X

@Maximalist
Andrey, I don't have (and never wanted) a Facebook account. They no longer let non-members view videos or content. That (and it may actually help advertise) is why I'll need to create an account for my business.

I had suggested before to try using sites like these for posting videos, then linking to them instead (no login or account required to view, except some Youtube content)):

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com (even though they are evil Google, still the biggest)

Last edited:
Andrey...I have a program that lets me record the screen. I can capture your video and post it on my youtube account. They folks can see it without using Facebook. Is that OK with you?

If it were me, I'd upload to a file locker like Mega, and people can download and watch on whatever viewer they like. A little less convenient than inline viewing, but the video can be kept and referred to at a later date(more or less useful depending on content).

As to facebook, there's no way I'd sign up for any reason. If it means losing business, so be it. I won't do anything that increases their business or marketshare, or encourage anyone else to either.

no-facebook-me.png

Facebook is spyware. There's been a lot of effort and money expended to reduce and mitigate spyware on computers, and people go and actively install it. They also have too much power. The internet should be federated. It should be a collection of equal peers, and nobody having a greater voice than anyone else. If a federated node goes down, you've only lost a subset of the whole til it gets replaced. If facebook goes down, it might as well be the entirety of the internet for some people.

John, agree with most of what you said about Facebook, especially being a former Information Security guy. Around here though, it's a staple for many of the sheeple, and I need to get the word out about my biz every way possible this early in the game.

To simplify (for Andrey's benefit): Facebook does not protect the privacy of their users, they exploit it. They sell user info, have documented spyware features in their apps and services, and represent a big problem in relation to censorship/misinformation.

Back