The Official Work Pictures Thread

Very nice pics to visualize them conquering the space.
I worked on a bunch a Cedrus atlantica of a similar shape in my favorite castle. Amazing. I'm in awe each time I get there.

Jed, your lack of posting ability set some great mind to work.
We all benefitted from that.

That is how it usually goes in the 'House. :)

Last edited:
An oak I worked on. Been down in ranch land all of 2 weeks and scheduled 4 more. 5 different properties. Prune, crown raise, dead wood, cable and brace here. Before and afters. Still needs one cable and one 3/4 all thread. Messed up a 13/16ths 5 foot long auger hitting metal in it. So carbide bit on order then hog it out the rest the way through. They have me booked in a couple weeks for more work, so no biggie. 20210901_090815.jpg 20210901_090747.jpg 20210901_090845.jpg 20210901_090911.jpg 20210916_143905.jpg 20210916_143838.jpg 20210916_143747.jpg 20210916_143806.jpg

Been on "vista prunes" last couple days. Feel like I am hacking some nice trees to shite. But hey, not my trees. I can only advise what will come of it. I'll get some afters there. Full on dead wooding as well. Busy trees. Most all down there are blue oaks. Some nice stately ones.

Lol at Stig’s comment. Deva: You are putting up some of the best tree work pictures I have ever seen in my life man. I am like Paul… I wish I could print those out and put them on my living room walls.

Treebogan: Nice to see you in here brother.

Maximalist:Every time I see your pictures, I think, “that guy works like I do.”

Stephen: Stig’s right... you live in a beautiful place.

Jordy topped his Fir and then shot me topping mine.
View attachment IMG_1978.MP4

Awesome work Deva!

I dont honestly envy you working on those stabby ,tangley ,stringy macrocarpa's. I grew up around them in New Zealand but the genetic stock seems to be very different down there.The first time I saw long straight trunks on Macrocarpa trees was in San Francisco.All of the ones back home exhibit decurrent form and while they may be massive through the trunk,they dont get very high.They also seem to be gull of old fencing wire and of course a concrete fence post or two.

@Maximalist -- Andrey has a good video showing how he raises and lowers his saw for fueling...he sent it to me via FB Messenger. After Jed posted the rope thru the groove in the top of the spar, Andrey contacted me asking what that picture was supposed to mean. We had some back and forth and he said he would make a video of how he does it. I think he will be posting it here soon.

Back