The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice work.

Did a small job on Friday, removed a twisted Pine near phone lines and cut back some of the lower limbs on another, over the solar panels installed earlier in the year. Hadn’t realised the customer was out in the balcony taking a few picture till he sent them over. Nothing too extreme.

06ECA1E9-7A3E-4723-8EF2-934FC232FE07.jpeg 6A965EC9-2922-460E-88BE-4ACC48557879.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice job, Treesmith. Way to get it done and stay safe. Was there any way you could have done it the same basic way but go up just once?

I could have taken the time to set the guy lines with a throwline. Decided to set one line to Wraptor up and just tie the guys off once I got up there. Didn’t like that 25’-30’ of top wobbling above me....

At the risk of over analyzing; Did you set the pull line in the wee top from the ground? And then you reclimbed the tree to up above the guy lines now that the tree was more secure, faced and back cut the top, descend, rip top out?

thanks

Crispy dead!

We did a good sized sugar maple. 1 of 2 to do the second one is bigger and then they added a easy flopper of a norway maple.

Yep. Set it in the very top, (200’ line), pulled until tail just left the ground. Then Wraptored back up, lowered Wraptor, butt-tied the pull line just above where I was going to make my cuts, had my groundie barely snug up with the Boxer, notched (roughly 1/4 deep), back cut (also about 1/4), bailed on an 8 on the Wraptor line and yanked the top before the wind got up!

Last edited:
Um, waaaaaa! Butt tied the pull line? I aint capichin?!?

I spent last sunday cleaning the lunchwagon and filling it up with chains, bars, files etc, then took it out to the forest.
I hate pulling that thing in heavy traffic, a sunday afternoon is way better.
We started logging monday, so I'm pretty beat right now. Getting back in logging shape after a lay-off sure doesn't get any easier with age and leukemia.

It is luxury logging!
A clear cut in mature Beech.
There was an understory of worthless birch and maple, some 45 feet tall. 1000 springpoles waiting for a careless or unlucky faller.
Then somebody got the brilliant idea of sending the feller buncher in and clearing it all off.
There was a forwarder near by, so it all ended up stacked for chipping by the road. The smart part is, that with the price of biomass, plus the money saved because the forwarder doesn't havce to mess around in a bunch of broken small trees, that operation paid for itself.

And now it is like logging at a golf course :)

Richard is on vacation this week, so his dogs are staying with me, which makes Thais ever so happy.

P1070937.JPG P1070927.JPG P1070929.JPG P1070930.JPG P1070933.JPG P1070934.JPG

Back