The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yep, that grapple saw forwarder combination is really effective.
Fell, buck and forward in one operation.

I think we'll end up doing some of our logging jobs that way.

There are regulations in and around cities and towns.

Also the State subsidizes the change over from old, inefficient stoves to new ones.
Newest thing is, if you buy a house with an old stove, you have to change it for a new model.

Last edited:
*Must* change it? I don't think I'd like that. There's some oldies around that work fine, and look great, especially wood fired cookstoves. Those are $$$ to replace.

Ok so far.
Richard has been working with the State forest the last ½ year, to see if it is economically viable to do first time thinnings in naturally griown stuff ( As opposed to planted in nuice roiws).

They are crunching numbers now.
If it works out, plenty of work, if not, we'll mist likely sell it.

Mik, in the second pic, the grapple set up looks like it would be ideal to take out smallish trees that are in a bad spot for felling, take em out vertically like a FB does, yeah?

*Must* change it? I don't think I'd like that. There's some oldies around that work fine, and look great, especially wood fired cookstoves. Those are $$$ to replace.

That's the law here in my part of Oregon, too. When a property changes hands, the wood burning appliance in that house has to meet current DEQ emissions standards for the county to move the sale documents.

I don't like it either.

But I do understand it. Right now here in the Willamette valley and foothills east or west, over the last few years, there have been many instances where woodstove and fireplace use has been banned for days or even weeks when air quality issues are forecast, basically thermal inversions and no to little winds from either the ocean or the interior...unless that's the only heat source in your home.

Theoretically, if more woodstoves meet the standards, less restrictions will occur.

Theoretically :).

An aside, but to a point in your post...cooking appliances are considered differently from home heating stoves...so few homes these days cook on wood burning stoves/ovens that the law makers carved out a little exemption for them...here, anyway.

Big tree!!

Is that a 32"bar on your 395? I just put one on my 395 after decades with a 28", it is sweet!

@cory
It is a 36" bar and every inch of it was needed

@CurSedVoyce
70 something feet to the tie in point (see pic). Each piece needed to be lowered because of the electrical lines that were close enough to be a concern. Once we were lower than the lines, the tree went down. We found a lot of rot which quieted down a neighbor that did not want the tree to come down.

Thanks. That was yesterday's setup. a 12ft trailer to load stuff and the borrowed race car trailer for the tractor. The race car trailer is nice but limited due to its lack of sides. It was the first job using the loader. Coming home without a sore back justified the small loader.

Back