The Official Work Pictures Thread

Little drop and walk ( Sorta) we finished a short day with. Lungs wre a little sore from smoke, so cheated with the Wraptor. Shoot line, go up, place pull line, set tie in, rappel down, drop back 20" limb, double cut with 36 bar on 066. HO clean up. Gotta love a guy that pays cash and has the kit to move things.
Fodder
20201027_110632.jpg 20201027_110656.jpg 20201027_113345.jpg 20201027_113354.jpg 20201027_113807.jpg 20201027_120550.jpg 20201027_120606.jpg 20201027_120620.jpg 20201027_120636.jpg 20201027_122027.jpg

Last edited:
Little drop and walk ( Sorta) we finished a short day with. Lungs wre a little sore from smoke, so cheated with the Wraptor. Shoot line, go up, place pull line, set tie in, rappel down, drop back 20" limb, double cut with 36 bar on 066. HO clean up. Gotta love a guy that pays cash and has the kit to move things.
Fodder
View attachment 104523View attachment 104524View attachment 104525View attachment 104526View attachment 104527View attachment 104528View attachment 104529View attachment 104530View attachment 104531View attachment 104532
Rattle can white still needed :evil:.

Nice work yet again, my friend.

Man Sean: You guys really clean up some glorious views. I've got a friend who absolutely loves doing that work.

Stephen: That stuff looks like it'll darn near burn green.

Mick: How disrespectful to allow your dog to drive an American vehicle! I am so appalled.

Stig: Keep the rad Beach shots comming sir. I stinkin LOVE those pigs. I could count on one hand the number of em I've climbed to take deadwood out or whatever. To my knowledge... I've never cut one down in my life. They are introduced in the PNW, but they don't do terribly well, even though there are a handful of PIGS in Seattle.

What kind of an imbecile considers cured wood smoke to be, "air pollution." The world has truly gone mad.

Like A roman candle during a forest fire. But dont tryto spit it and burn it unless you let it set for a couple years bucked. Mostly fat wood. Sticky sappy mess grey pines are. If you get a really hot bed of oak coals from a burn pile the sixe of a garage and add grey pine to it while it is burning, most of it will go away save large trunk wood. You'll probably have to burn that a couple more times.

I think he meant pine seeds? :lol: Man, you got Oaks on the brain Stephen.:lol:

It's like all of these old-timers: I always ask, "Why do you want me to cut down this Fir tree?" "Oh, I'm just sick of all the Pinecones." Ignoramuses.🙄:lol:

I'm not sure what I call them, but I could see me calling them a pinecone. Most of the cones around here are pine, so it doesn't come up much.

I *really* like the way these Korean fircones look. They look good enough to eat, nom nom nom,...

1200px-Abies_koreana_%28szyszki%29.JPG

It's like all of these old-timers: I always ask, "Why do you want me to cut down this Fir tree?" "Oh, I'm just sick of all the Pinecones." Ignoramuses.🙄:lol:
Dooood. You need to crawl out of the bottle some. Watch your environment. They are a "nurse tree" and provide "nurse logs"
Wood peckers drill holes and stuff them with OAK acorns. Tree falls and they grow right out of the rotting tree.

In Norway they have green trees. Gran is Spruce, Furu is anything Pine.

It was confusing at first when they would be talking about the Furu meaning Pine, and I am looking at the Fir tree over there.

0AAB3DAD-4860-4833-889E-79F21FF1B130.jpeg 1F5D7258-E76C-4E3E-B688-8FC2D122AC5B.jpeg
Emergency crane removal tomorrow morning for a city contract so I’m prepping. Since it’s urgeant (sp) I guess I don’t need to get the proper road closure head ache. Basically I’ll beg forgiveness later. I’ve got an aerial rescue class to teach at 12:30 so this should be fun. Who else preps off the clock to make sure things go smoothly? Also the f-ing greenhorn expects me to sharpen his saw😆😎. He said he’s ready to work. Cowboy woody pajamas and all
Pardon my messy garage. Every time I clean it the wife clutters it up

View attachment 104580View attachment 104581
Emergency crane removal tomorrow morning for a city contract so I’m prepping. Who else preps off the clock to make sure things go smoothly?

All the time, it’s the blessing/curse of having the yard and equipment in the barn attached to the house.

Good luck with the crane job, little helper looks prepped anyway.

One of my luxuries up here is being able to stage equipment ahead of my self. Most of my clients have enough property that i can safely leave gear at. Tossing a line or two into a tree here and there has been known to happen. But i need to be home in time to cook dinner.

I don't run out of mix-fuel or bar oil, but I can't say I have backup chains handy, but definitely files on hand.

I can find everything I need, but sometimes takes a little digging.

I've been improving my shop situation lately, spending a little time in the evenings. 20 minutes from home base doesn't help.

I was touching up chains and cleaning saws. Did my 201tc, 2 462’s with bars of different lengths, and the 500i. Only used the 201 and the 500i though. Pics are on the company phone and only of the tree prior to work and a stump

Back