The Official Work Pictures Thread

Last couple days beating the heat, in the shade, with a lift cleaning out hangers and hazard dead out of this fence line canopy. Other side of the fence is BLM. So the HO wanted me to get the hazard dead and mistletoe coming in from the BLM side over the fence. I had climbed a lot of these out. It got to the point of climbing on the BLM side (kind of a no no) and a lot of the canopy hanging from each side were lacking in TIP options. Rent lift, problem solved. The client is trying to trade 5 acres across the street for this five on the other side of the fence. If they succeed (which is looking like they will) I will be doing all the trees anyway along with the other 40 acres. Going fishing in the pond tonight :)
Fodder.
IMG_0325.JPG IMG_0326.JPG IMG_0327.JPG IMG_0328.JPG IMG_0329.JPG IMG_0330.JPG IMG_0331.JPG IMG_0332.JPG

That's Pine Lake Sean... you and I probably did the odd bit of limb-elevation round there in our Davey days. Ahhh... those were the days... NOT lol.

Rajan is always too nice to me, like everybody else round here. Check out what a jackass I am. My buddy Kent (who is a pretty good shot) but a bit of a newer climber launched this top by me (I told him to go, and you can just hear it ring my tin hat in the vid.) He took about a 25' top from a 165' fir, at around 140', and I was already on the chunk-out from my 174', and I was down to about 85 or 90'. Doubt if Burnham and Sean'll like er too much but we got a good belly-laugh outa er...https://youtu.be/43hiiTZ9His

BOTH of our trees were Marms. Here's his second top... (Pardon my voice. It is usually much lower lol.)

Another gorgeous day, Sean. Some pics... Pig was over 4-foot man,... That's my young buddy Davin in the last pic.

20200714_102452.jpg 20200714_102557.jpg 20200714_124300.jpg 20200714_125032.jpg

Gorgeous hinges @Jed . Did some leave the brush solo work this morning before a storm rolled in. Three White Pines slightly leaning towards the house 03C091D4-56CF-42A4-8316-8E0193073181.jpeg the middle was ~26” dbh and had five tops, it and the farther one were just shy of 80’. Not much space to work in, mostly dropping 8 footers 07B341B3-60E6-4E58-AD35-25310C811BCB.jpeg Got some pep in the step first thing, photos 3 hrs apart with a climbdown to re-fuel and scarf down breakfast. Wish every job was leaving the brush.

Stephen - I get so confused when I see BLM anymore :^D

Jed - That was a little close. Careful out there!

Sven - That's a really pretty area. Looks like a good place to spend a few hours :^)

Just freakin wow.

Great pics Stephen and Sven.

Jedidiah: Ahem. :drink: ;) :/: :\: :thumbup:8):headbang::lol::|::dancin::drink:

Surgical. Subtley Sinister. Seriously.

Geezus that is a huge Cat and possibly the worlds biggest pipe

I wonder what makes white pines seem to randomly grow upright branches. Some grow a lot, some none, many have at least one.
90% of the time it is white pine weevil which kills the leader, one or more laterals take its place. More common in open grown pines, one of the reasons a shelterwood silvicultural system is recommended for WP.

Rich: Yeah right, that's INSANE steep man... Anyone can see that.

Ixkllr: Do you want Sean's Rope Wrench, sir?

Corey: A dearer love sonnet was never written me. Yer wrong about the biggest pipe though.imgres

They had 3 inches of rain in 45 minutes a short while ago. Something lifted the pipe and caused that area to flow over the road. It’s in Penninsula, OH. First I heard of this job was at 6 this morning.
and I’ve driven a truck through pipes bigger than this.

Ixkllr: Do you want Sean's Rope Wrench, sir?
Been giving it some thought, and if you don't have a use for it, I'll take under the same terms you did. Seems like it would be a good introduction to srt using minimal other equipment.

Reactions: Jed
GF has the feel of basic chipping. This should bump up production a lot... Less double- handling!!! IMG_20200714_152512998_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200715_140357136.jpg IMG_20200715_192844919.jpg IMG_20200714_172426960_HDR.jpg IMG_20200714_152512998_HDR.jpg

Cable- damage.

Speedline into a tight drop zone.
Spun chipper 180* on a 12" pneumatic swivel- caster/wheel bolted to the tongue, feed tray right over the rhododendron.

Duct tape on handsaw sheath is holding magnets on the case, holding the saw in better. IMG_20200715_143452526.jpg

I'm on the tree at the bottom. There is a Glendon biofilter system (poor soil drainage septic leach field, developed locally
).

Shooting branches between the red/ green-leaf photinia and the chipper. Spin branches and feed!

Spun the Chipper feed tray in right over a rhododendron. IMG_20200715_140357136.jpg IMG_20200715_192844919.jpg IMG_20200714_172426960_HDR.jpg IMG_20200714_152512998_HDR.jpg IMG_20200715_143452526.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, that is so cool how you utillized those magnets! Yer a brilliant man. Smokin idea, my hat's off to ya.

I remember doing treework alongside my newly married wife, like 23 years ago. Man, it was pretty fun, looking back.

Been giving it some thought, and if you don't have a use for it, I'll take under the same terms you did. Seems like it would be a good introduction to srt using minimal other equipment.
Exactly. Same terms under which I took it from Sean. He was like: "Just mess around with it and send it back if yer not using it." I've been trying to send it back fer like four years now. :lol:

I'm kinda shocked you aren't using it for light rigging,i would think that would be about perfect for most conifer limbs.

Nah. The company Jed is with has all the cool toys X 10. I would love to have the talent and progressiveness that he has available, where I’m at. I just might have to sneak up on Reg and pull out some hair. I’m sure I could figure out how to clone him in my garage. WORLD DOMINATION of tree work is coming boys!

Damn. That Busch Light Apple is catching up to me. Thought I’d hate it but it goes down way to easy!

Oh, so is he up there takin selfies er somethin? Sounds like Eastside.:|:

Rich: Bush Light Apple? You can't even get that here, man. When I lived in New Mexico I used to drink tons of Warsteiner... you can't even get that up here. Up here you better like IPA cause you can't hardly get much else. I guess we grow tons of hops really cheap. :lol:

Yeah Kyle, didn't Kevin actually make a "Riggin Wrench," specially for that purpose a bit ago. I thought there was one. Or was that just a thread on here.:lol: Yeah, I've used the zk1 wrench and even the Runner for rigging small stuff, but I actually prefer to just use natural crotch friction... ya just crack a limb off leaving an eight inch stub and you've got your own little porta-wrap right there, ya know? So much more versatile with regard to friction, and it just somehow feels aesthetically better to not be burning up gear, ya know? I'm super irrational that way. I could have an endless supply of hitch cords, slick pins and bushings, and I would still hate doing it.

Oh, so is he up there takin selfies er somethin? Sounds like Eastside.:|:
No that was me waiting for someone to take up the slack and lower a piece. Thought he was on the same page as me until he pulled his phone out and took my pic.
All the same to me though, I was getting paid by the hour and had a comfy seat ;)
My hands are aching today though. The plant job is making me soft.

Back