The Official TreeHouse Martial Arts Thread!

You could try the One championship app on iPhone and Android.

I have a feeling though some broadcast company or other has the rights hence it isnt online.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey did anyone see max holloway's ufc performance last weekend?? matrix-like for sure

Did not see him last weekend but I've always been amazed at how much punishment he can take when things aren't going his way. No UFC expert here, but I'm impressed by the athletic ability of many of these fighters.

who ya got?

Cory, I didn’t see this.

Well, I enjoyed Connor getting his arse handed to him and getting tko’d.

I also enjoyed the fact he seemed genuinely humbled after the loss and had nothing but praise for his opponent.

Hoping he will continue this attitude as I reckon it will win him more true fans.

Who knew Connor had weak chicken legs? I still don't like him. I find the bravado displayed in mma embarrassing and wearisome. But I do enjoy watching some ass kicking!

Yeah, connor got tooled but did ya see, he donated $500g to Porier's charitable foundation. Hard to argue with that.

Btw, Chandler's demolition of Hooker was fascinating. He was throwing a series of low rights to the body and I was thinking, wtf is that for....then he followed one of em with that monster left hook, just wow!

I felt bad for Hooker, he never got started.

Who knew Connor had weak chicken legs? I still don't like him. I find the bravado displayed in mma embarrassing and wearisome. But I do enjoy watching some ass kicking!

Afaik. everyone has chicken legs when it comes to taking kicks low to the calf.

Re bravado, lotta top fighters are humble and very respectful, e.g. Max Holloway, Stephen Thomsen, and of course Khabib Nurmagomedov

I'd give you respectful of their opponents, but humble? That's a stretch IMO for the few I've heard of in that list.

Connors chicken legs were the only ones that mattered in that bout.

MMA guys do some stuff...but this guy is the real thing.

Just because you have a cane does not mean you have to use it. Superbly executed technique by this gentleman. He probably saved the boys' life.

Watch "Man With Cane Trips Robber Fleeing Cops" on YouTube

Not to mention fighting a guy. Guys are uniformly stronger than girls afaik

My boys are wrestlers and judoka and the girls that hang at our house are national ranked certified badness. Submission grappling is a chess match. Her footwork, chest pressure, and head/limb isolation was great. That marine really had no clue where he was or everywhere that girl was talking him.

One of the most UFC memorable beats downs in memory. A TKO stoppage when the fighter is still standing is always pretty serious. Couldn't happen to a nicer person, it would seem

Back