The Official TreeHouse Martial Arts Thread!

Just turned 68. I can do it all now but the stamina is not what it was then. I don't train strength intensively now like I did then. I don't think my seated hands only rope climb would be that good... And I haven't hung by my feet in a while.

Gary still astounds; my hat remains doffed, my friend. Hayden has big shoes to follow, but I bet he'll manage fine :).

And Rich, your son Haakon is already a beast, by my measure :D.

Great to see radically different pictures than is often painted of the youth of today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dang it, stuff that comes from FB won't play for me here

Edit Ok I watched it on FB. Wow, those dudes could literally probably take out 100 civilians in a row with zero problems

Haha, the moustache crossed with Haakon's hair would be a good look.

He has a long way to go though before he is stadium level fighter in BKK.

Covid has really messed things up this year, as we all know. Then again everyone is in the same boat.

I have mentioned it before in this thread, there was a young boy who trained at Keddles in South East London. He has gone on to great levels and won the ONE Championship Muay Thai Title against a Thai veteran old over 400 fights.

He then went on to lose the title against a little monster of a man, Rodtang. Rodtang is still the champion. They fought twice.

Jonathan is fighting again one the 11th December. It can be watched on the ONE championship app or their YouTube channel.

This was voted the best MuayThai Fight in One Championship history. Jonathan and Rodtang going at it toe to toe. Well worth a watch if you are inclined.

33554B76-8D03-4C3E-9C76-8D98178F6A2B.jpeg

Will do Kyle. Live and free in HD on the One championship app.

Check the Rodtang fight though if you want a taster. Both Jonathan and Rodtang are harder than woodpecker lips! ;)

Lotta folks who are into boxing or just traditional fighting report how awful it is to get kicked in the legs. It can be a fight ender if you aren't trained for it.

Thanks for the links, Rich

What was the thought on yesterday’s show?

Neiky Holzken’s liver shot would have turned most men inside out. He is a class act and is looking great in his later years.

Haggerty flipped the script. Everyone expected a elbow and clinch machine and he turned that around. Didn’t throw one knee or elbow and basically destroyed the Japanese with his boxing, kicks and footwork.

A very good performance IMO and showed his level of fight IQ.

Onto the next.

It wouldn't play for me but sounds like it was a banger

Thanks for trying but no, it says Vid unavailable

But speaking of unarmed combat sports on tv, tonight's ufc ppv card is stacked, I've got Oliviera in the co main, how bout you? He's an awesome grappler (most submission wins in ufc history) with excellent striking.

I ha e been a bit slack with UFC stuff recently as I don’t have a way to watch it here in Norway. I mean there are ways but not to channels I subscribe to.

I just tend to watch the fight after the event.

Not exactly sure why you can’t watch the One clips. Maybe they have the link up in their YouTube channel for the Americas.

Oh, well it was a good fight.

Back