The Official Treehouse Articles Thread

A somewhat lengthy article critical of biomass...

Dunno. I think the calculation needs to account for what biomass is replacing. Keep a coal plant going a bit longer til something better is more attainable; sure, but it might not be a good idea to go all in on it as the 'best' solution. Also depends on what wood is getting used. A smaller scale than *everyone* using biomass is probably the right path. Make it a part of a total package, and not the end goal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is cool too

A short and rather complex article about the manufacturers of OxyContin managed to avoid any sort of consequences.

For some reason I’m rather curious about the distribution and misuse of this drug and it’s affects on certain communities.

If they were slinging drugs in the streets, they'd be in jail for 25yr minimum. We should bring back outlawry as a criminal punishment. Take everything they own, and outlaw them. Of course the doctors hold responsibility too. Who the frig ever heard of a non addictive opioid?! They should lose their license to practice medicine.

The worst part was their extended release stuff, that they knew didn't work. There is no better way to make someone hooked than to give a pill for pain relief, but then spread the doses so the pain comes back in full force for a couple hours before you can take the next dose, which of course relieves the pain, until it wears off and it starts again.

My mate, who lives in Australia had a botched back operation 6/7 years back, is on them every waking hour.
Says without them he could not move at all. Totally dependent on them.
So, under the right circumstances it’s a godsend.
I think after chatting with him it piqued my interest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty succinct article on The Fourth Industrial Revolution.

Btw, can you name the first 3?

It's gonna get to the point we'll need some kind of 'universal income'. There won't be enough things for humans to do, and there'll be few industries unaffected. People are definitely gonna have to adjust their thinking over the coming decades.

Back