The Official Critter Thread

I read that yesterday. Funny, cause a bit beforehand, I spent an undue amount of effort trying to wash my hands without washing a little house spider down the drain that I didn't notice til the water was on and my hands were soapy. AFAIK, my actions were successful, and spidey lived to see another day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the stories he could tell....

Not chasing the cats. Gets along fine with the female dogs. Unless Tia plays bone keep away. Then she gets snitty if he gets too close. She does this to all the dogs. She's the smallest. Its a game, but he takes it personal.
A friend or Seth may foster. See in morning.
He sits, lies down, steers clear of the dinner table and kitchen. Has not chased chickens. Probably potty trained. But we had to put him on a lead till he knows how or we know how he asks to go out.
Cool mutt.

Excellent, long article re the issues of the abundant seal and white shark population in Cape Cod.

I was at the cape a month ago, it is gorgeous and I saw probably a hunnert seals, no sharks though

A bear was spotted about 15 miles from me yesterday. Black bear not very big, I've heard, 180-200lb range. Probably a young male looking for his own territory.

Last edited:
Bears aren't common in wisco?

Not this far south the upper third of the state sure. I am 12 miles, as the crow flies, north of the southern boarder. Bears haven't been around here in something like 150 years or more. Big wild cats every now and again and an odd wolf rumor to be in the area.

Back