The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 285K
Really well since I put him on anti-inflammatory meds. He doesn't gimp around at all any more.

Vet guesses he's about 8yrs now; eyes are starting to glaze over...not sure he sees & hears real good...'bout the same as me I guess :lol:

Thais made me proud today.
He is trained to not go after anything bigger than a mouse.

As we were coming down the drive way after picking up the sunday paper this morning, he kind of looked funnily at the plant behind the biggest rock.
Then a pheasant hen came out of there and hurriedly walked across the lawn.
He didn't take a single step after her.
Turned out there is a nest with 13 eggs in that plant.
So I told him "No" and they have been coexisting since.

P1080095.JPG P1080101.JPG

Yup.
There used to be a grass border, but it tore the hell out of the lawn mover, because pebbles from the driveway would get into the grass.
So the wife got tired of that.
Imagine that pheasant laying eggs while we have been digging up turf ,putting down the stone edging and pebbles, all within 3 feet of her nest.
Tough little bird.

Last edited:
Your place looks really fine, Stig.

If that were my front yard, it would have half a dozen big muddy mole hills on it :).

If it was mine, it would ,too.
However, Margot wages war on moles and gophers with a vengeance.
Next time we drive to Schweiz, she wants to pick up some of the explosive gopher traps, they make in Germany.

If it was mine, it would ,too.
However, Margot wages war on moles and gophers with a vengeance.
Next time we drive to Schweiz, she wants to pick up some of the explosive gopher traps, they make in Germany.

That was filmed 25 minutes from me. My geometry teacher was an extra in that scene. He got $10 and all the Kentucky Fried chicken he could eat.

Australian Shepherd..?
Yuppers.
Had me up and momma up at 2am. Oh well.
Some protests from the other critters about why on earth shoulld we bring something home that smells like a dog. But has no tail like a dog. Already have a dog. Why do we need a dog when you have the best cat ever. Ya know. Some jealousy issues.

Back